nano included case - Page 2 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: nano included case

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 11-10-2005, 04:29 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
What they should do is recall all the ipods that people have complained about and AT LEAST replace the outer casing with new and improved scratch resistant plastic
Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahah!

Sweet feathery Saint McGregory in a chicken bucket! Why the hell does Apple owe anyone anything for scratching their own iPod? Do you get upset with Hyundai when you scratch your car and they won't give you a free paint job? Now Apple's giving people a case to avoid doing damage to the outside of something they carry around all the time and all you can do is complain? I could maybe see Apple sending a box of these to each iPod retailer so everyone who already bought one can pick up a free case, but even that is way beyond the call.

I'm so sick of this "the customer is always right and deserves everything for free" mentality that makes people think they deserve infinite protection from anything bad that could ever happen in life. And heaven help the company that refuses these ridiculous whining masses. Lately the tendency has been for them to group together, find some unscrupulous lawyer and threaten a lawsuit that will end up getting them nothing outside of money and recognition for their dubious legal representation.

Face it. Getting scratches on things is part of life. Don't get so upset about it that you want to sue someone. Pace yourself. There will be plenty of real reasons to be mad in life. This is not one of them.

Last edited by sfish; 11-10-2005 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:11 PM

Freshman Lounger

Well said my man!
Old 11-10-2005, 07:12 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by sfish
Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahah!

Sweet feathery Saint McGregory in a chicken bucket! Why the hell does Apple owe anyone anything for scratching their own iPod? Do you get upset with Hyundai when you scratch your car and they won't give you a free paint job? Now Apple's giving people a case to avoid doing damage to the outside of something they carry around all the time and all you can do is complain? I could maybe see Apple sending a box of these to each iPod retailer so everyone who already bought one can pick up a free case, but even that is way beyond the call.

I'm so sick of this "the customer is always right and deserves everything for free" mentality that makes people think they deserve infinite protection from anything bad that could ever happen in life. And heaven help the company that refuses these ridiculous whining masses. Lately the tendency has been for them to group together, find some unscrupulous lawyer and threaten a lawsuit that will end up getting them nothing outside of money and recognition for their dubious legal representation.

Face it. Getting scratches on things is part of life. Don't get so upset about it that you want to sue someone. Pace yourself. There will be plenty of real reasons to be mad in life. This is not one of them.

If you'd read the basis of the lawsuit, you'd see that it wasn't filed because people have fallen victim to some sort of demonic possession, and have scratched their own iPods. And please, be as concerned as you like about whatever you like, but don't presume to be able to dictate how anyone else should feel about anything.

20GB Color 4G iPod, 2GB Black Nano, Griffin AirClick, XtremeMac AirPlay, Griffin iTrip, Agent18 Click Shield for 4G, Contour 4G Showcase (black), Agent18 Shield for Nano, XtremeMac Microshield for Nano
Old 11-10-2005, 07:25 PM

Senior Lounger

I just got off the phone with Apple customer service, they are nothing short of spectacular. I wrote this up detailing what happened.

http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/1...ith-cases.html

Jimmie Geddes, Editor
www.gadgetsonthego.net/
Old 11-10-2005, 07:38 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by jeg815
I just got off the phone with Apple customer service, they are nothing short of spectacular. I wrote this up detailing what happened.
Are you saying that Apple sent you a protective case just like that free of charge?
Old 11-10-2005, 07:40 PM

Pro Lounger

Quote:

http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/1...ith-cases.html
What number did you call? Would I just ask for one of the protectors and they would see what they could do for me? In 3 iPods I've never had to call apple support so I don't know what to do.

formally known as zsmith66...
Old 11-10-2005, 07:49 PM

Senior Lounger

I called 1800 my apple, I explained that I wanted to see if I could get a sleeve like the nanos are shipping with now. They couldn't do it. They decided to send me free of charge a case. I actually told them they didn't need to do this, I was just wanting the sleeve, mostly out of principle. The cases they are sending me is a 3 case extrememac tuffwrap for ipod nano. I again told them they did not need to do this, but I appreciate it I told them I am sure they are gonna start getting calls on this, and should come up with a better solution. I am happy that they took care of me, I did not expect this outcome though. I hope Apple does not get mad that I am posting this, but I think it shows great customer service. They do not need to send me what they are sending me, I made that clear.
I think we will be hearing how they are going to handle this, I doubt they will be sending out xtrememac tuffrwap 3 packs to everyone.

Jimmie Geddes, Editor
www.gadgetsonthego.net/
Old 11-10-2005, 08:03 PM

Freshman Lounger

quote:

Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahah!

Last edited by sfish on 11-10-2005 at 10:42 AM

Sfish, if your hyundai's paint started weathering and cracking almost instantly after purchase you would demand satisfactin.
The nano scratches when gently wiped with a MICROFIBER cloth made for cleaning exspensive camera lenses, that is way beyond what any consumer would fairly expect from a quality product in this price range made by a reputable manufacturer.
Pace YOURself there are plenty of ridiculous consumer complaints being made these days, for instance, hot coffee being hot???
this is not one of them!
Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahah!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:09 PM

Senior Lounger

It's not a queston of them owing us anything. If they are going to ship the same exact product, no changes with a case to protect, Apple should do the right thing. I am not saying anyoone that bought a 60 gig iPod photo is entitled to a ipod video. Or if your screen scracthes it's Apple's fault. If they are going to include something in the SAME EXACT product, they should do something for the owners that bought them that didn't get a case. The Apple rep I spoke to was so kind, and understood what I meant. I even told her she did not need to send me those cases, I didn't decline, but said it wasn't necessary It just shows how well Apple's customer service is. I am sure they are now coming up with a plan to all the nano owners that rightfully deserve a case, as there were no changes to the nano that is shipping with a sleeve.

Jimmie Geddes, Editor
www.gadgetsonthego.net/
Old 11-10-2005, 08:11 PM

Senior Lounger

All we want is the sleeve that is now standard with the nano. We are not asking for anything more. I am quite shocked that they did what they did for me. I suspect this isn't going to last, and we might see the sleeves being sent out to any iPod nano owner who bought one that didn't get a sleeve. Apple already has this stupid class action suit that I don't agree with. Things scratch. They are remedying this by including a sleeve now, but they are going to have to do something for nano owners who did not get one.

Jimmie Geddes, Editor
www.gadgetsonthego.net/

Last edited by jeg815; 11-10-2005 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:40 PM

Junior Lounger

I still haven't got my new nano yet, I have been waiting since my repair status hit "Replacement Ordered" on 10/27. My original nano came SCRAPED up on the metal and scratched on the plastic OUT OF THE BOX. I have spent a SERRIOUS 6 HOURS on the phone total to AT LEAST get my money back. No such luck.

My roomate ordered a brand new nano on Friday. He got it yesterday. Why hasn't mine come yet? They all ship from the same plant in China. I am very dissapointed in Apple, this has totally changed my view of the company. I get disconnected frequentlly when I call, and no, it has nothing to do with the phone I used, I tried various ones. Now the sleeves come with it to. No doubt I will not get one of those. Damn I wish I never got into this.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:42 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by Dukka

Sfish, if your hyundai's paint started weathering and cracking almost instantly after purchase you would demand satisfactin.
Your example is irrelevant. There's a big difference between the finish deteriorating on its own and you damaging it yourself.

Quote:
The nano scratches when gently wiped with a MICROFIBER cloth made for cleaning exspensive camera lenses, that is way beyond what any consumer would fairly expect from a quality product in this price range made by a reputable manufacturer.
I have a nano and it simply doesn't scratch that easily. Nice try.

Quote:
Pace YOURself there are plenty of ridiculous consumer complaints being made these days, for instance, hot coffee being hot???
this is not one of them!
Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahah!
*yawn* You're inability to come up with a witty response isn't negated by copying my words and replacing a few with flimsy comparisons and bad spelling. You still have no defensible argument.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:48 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
If they are going to include something in the SAME EXACT product, they should do something for the owners that bought them that didn't get a case.
Even though I would disagree with the expectation that a company can't start adding new features to a product without having to change it in some other significant way or give all previous owners a free upgrade, it certainly would be a nice gesture on Apple's part. I would like to see them ship a few to each retail outlet who could then hand them out to people who come back and ask for one. Or maybe if you register you nano they could follow up with those who didn't get a case and let them know how to get a free one.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:56 PM

Power Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by ThomasNewman1
I still haven't got my new nano yet, I have been waiting since my repair status hit "Replacement Ordered" on 10/27. My original nano came SCRAPED up on the metal and scratched on the plastic OUT OF THE BOX. I have spent a SERRIOUS 6 HOURS on the phone total to AT LEAST get my money back. No such luck.

My roomate ordered a brand new nano on Friday. He got it yesterday. Why hasn't mine come yet? They all ship from the same plant in China. I am very dissapointed in Apple, this has totally changed my view of the company. I get disconnected frequentlly when I call, and no, it has nothing to do with the phone I used, I tried various ones. Now the sleeves come with it to. No doubt I will not get one of those. Damn I wish I never got into this.
i know a guy named Thomas Neuman.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:04 PM

Senior Lounger

As long as you buy a case for the Nano and put it in the case as soon as you open the Nano box, what's the big deal?

Topic: nano included case

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.