Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Contour Design iSee Nano case

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 10-22-2005, 08:28 AM

Pro Lounger

Any news on the Contour Design Nano case?

When will this be available?

http://www.contourdesign.com/

Black 5G iPod Video, Contour iSee Case and PS Crystal Film, G4, 60GB Color iPod, Black 4GB Nano, iSee case, Etymotic ER4 P MicroPro IEM's, Ety ER6I Isolators, Contour Design Showcase, Sennheiser PX-100's

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 10-22-2005, 11:03 AM

Reclined Lounger

I called them yesterday about it and they don't have a release date yet -- the person said within a month as a best guess, but really didn't have any official word. This is the case I'm holding out for, I think!

iPhone, Also 2G/3G/4G/5.5G iPods; 4Gig and 6 Gig Minis; 1G and 2G (8 Gig) Nanos; 1Gig 1st gen Shuffle;also for 2G Shuffle; iPodded BMW 330xi; Ultimate Ears UE5c and UE11Pros
Old 10-22-2005, 11:36 AM

Pro Lounger

Thanks for the information. Countour Design sure is slow but they make beautiful cases.

Black 5G iPod Video, Contour iSee Case and PS Crystal Film, G4, 60GB Color iPod, Black 4GB Nano, iSee case, Etymotic ER4 P MicroPro IEM's, Ety ER6I Isolators, Contour Design Showcase, Sennheiser PX-100's
Old 10-27-2005, 02:53 PM

Power Lounger

the site shows an estimated shipping date of 11/7. i had not noticed that before, so it might be old, or new.

Old 10-29-2005, 07:17 AM

Freshman Lounger

Got mine today. Very impressive. Tricky getting the thing off though. Maybe there's a nack to it. It didn't come with any instructions. I'll try and posts some picks when I get the chance.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:45 AM

Pro Lounger

Can you tell us if that little lanyard clip in plastic on the back bottom gets in the way if the lanyard earphones are not being used? Also, what keeps the Nano from moving around at all inside and scratching? Are there little rubber pieces inside like in their Contour Design Showcase model?

Old 10-29-2005, 09:07 AM

Reclined Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by chipbutty
Got mine today. Very impressive. Tricky getting the thing off though. Maybe there's a nack to it. It didn't come with any instructions. I'll try and posts some picks when I get the chance.
I thought it wasn't being released until Nov 7 -- how did you manage to score one??

iPhone, Also 2G/3G/4G/5.5G iPods; 4Gig and 6 Gig Minis; 1G and 2G (8 Gig) Nanos; 1Gig 1st gen Shuffle;also for 2G Shuffle; iPodded BMW 330xi; Ultimate Ears UE5c and UE11Pros
Old 10-29-2005, 09:40 AM

Bob

chipbutty,
Once you've removed the belt clip the knack is to slide your finger/thumbnail around the join between the front and back pieces - it should 'crack' it open.

Kapalua,
The case is a very tight fit - I have a camera LCD screen protector covering the whole of my nano and just that thin layer makes it snug. I would imagine a naked nano would be just as tight a fit. The clip on the rear, to enable it to be worn in the manner of a lanyard, doesn't stick out enough to get in the way. It works best with phones with a cable of a similar thickness to the Apple phones - it is a tight fit with the likes of the Shure E2 cable. There are no foam spacers ala the Showcase - the nano is one size unlike the bigger iPods.

Bob

Old 10-29-2005, 09:59 AM

Pro Lounger

MadPict...

So the Nano should fit inside if it has PowerSupport Film on the front and back of the Nano for additional protection? I was going to use the Power Support Click Wheel protector for the Nano, put the front layer of Power Support Film across the entire front of the Nano and the Power Support Film across the back of it as well and then insert in the Contour iSee for the Nano. Will this work? It sounds like it will, if yours is completely covered with PDA protector film...

Second question: Do you predict any problems with the Etymotic ER4 P headphones with their "L" shaped headphone jack?

Last edited by Kapalua; 10-29-2005 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:24 AM

Bob

Mine is - even the sides. And I am using the case with a pair of Ety ER6 - so no plug issues.

Bob

Old 10-29-2005, 10:38 AM

Jazzy Smooth

Hey MadPict, post some pics....

Ultimate Ears UE-5c|Bunch 'o Mac Stuff|
Old 10-29-2005, 02:03 PM

Senior Lounger

Yes, pictures would be great!

-DG
Old 10-29-2005, 02:25 PM

Reclined Lounger

How much bulk does it add to the Nano? And what about weight? And does the lanyard thingy work well? Is the belt clip easy to get on/off? (that's all, for now!)

Old 10-29-2005, 02:59 PM

Bob

rp,
Bulk - very little
Weight - next to nothing
Cable clip - fine if using thicker phone cables - thinner ones might be prone to slipping out.
Belt Clip - Yes, easy to remove and acts as a locking clamp to hold front and back of case together.

Check out the last 3 images in the MacExpo 2005 Report

Bob

Old 10-29-2005, 05:23 PM

Reclined Lounger

Thanks so much MadPict! Belt clip is holding the pieces together -- do they stay together without the belt clip installed? Plus it looks like the belt clip is in a vertical rather than horizontal position -- is that so?

I promise these are my last questions, and thank you for your patience with me!

Topic: Contour Design iSee Nano case

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.