Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: I have found the best Nano scratch remover! (plus its cheap)

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 09-18-2005, 04:01 PM

Junior Lounger

Talking I have found the best Nano scratch remover! (plus its cheap)

Ok, i dont know about all of you, but I like keeping my electronics clean and pretty much perfect. I just bought the 4gb black nano a couple days ago (seriously the best mp3 player i have ever owned), but the thing scratches more than a black car and a psp. On gamefaqs (a videogame site), someone made a thread about "Black Magic Liquid Wax" to remove scratches from the psp. My psp, which also scratches easily (not as much as the nano), was pretty scratched up. I bought this bottle of "Black Magic Liquid Wax" at Kragen for $5 (its a HUGE bottle). After a couple of applications, my psp became like new again. Taking a pretty big risk, I applied a small amount of this wax on a microfiber towel, and i started buffing my nano. after about 1 minute of buffing the whole front (including click wheel) pretty much all of my scratches (except two faint scratches that were pretty deep) were gone. I am guessing more applications will make it completely scratch free. Make sure u clean your nano before buffing so no dirt can scratch the nano while you are buffing. Here is the product:
http://data.solidcactus.com/cjimages...mawetshliw.gif

ask me any questions, as i am more than willing to help!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-18-2005, 04:03 PM

Junior Lounger

also, (sry for the double post), the wax acts as a scratch guard in itself, as it protects the actual nano when applied (i hope this made sense to all of you!)

BLACK MACBOOK:
2.0GHZ CORE DUO | 13" GLOSSY WIDESCREEN | 512MB (soon 2gb)| 80GB HD | SUPERDRIVE | WIFI | BT

IPOD NANO:
8GB | BLACK | 2ND GEN
Old 09-18-2005, 04:38 PM

Money Begger

how did you protect the screen when you buffed it? put tape on it?
Old 09-18-2005, 04:41 PM

Junior Lounger

i used it on the screen as well, so there was no need to tape it. this will take out scratches on the whole front of the nano (including screen, body, and click wheel). For the back of the nano (which hasnt scratched for me at all), use Brasso, as it worked wonders on my 15gb 3rd gen ipod before i sold it (they thought it was new...)

BLACK MACBOOK:
2.0GHZ CORE DUO | 13" GLOSSY WIDESCREEN | 512MB (soon 2gb)| 80GB HD | SUPERDRIVE | WIFI | BT

IPOD NANO:
8GB | BLACK | 2ND GEN
Old 09-18-2005, 04:45 PM

Money Begger

HAHAHAHA!! Man, i already bought ice creme for it, which hasnt arrived yet....bah. Will ANY towel work? can i use like...uhhhh....napkin? lolol
Old 09-18-2005, 04:54 PM

Junior Lounger

DO NOT USE ANY TOWEL OR A NAPKIN, AS THAT WILL SCRATCH UR IPOD! Use only a microfiber cloth or towel

BLACK MACBOOK:

IPOD NANO:
8GB | BLACK | 2ND GEN
Old 09-18-2005, 04:59 PM

Money Begger

ok, thank you
Old 09-18-2005, 05:41 PM

Junior Lounger

no problem!

BLACK MACBOOK:

IPOD NANO:
8GB | BLACK | 2ND GEN
Old 09-18-2005, 05:43 PM

Freshman Lounger

Awesome, I'll have to pick up some of this.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:51 PM

Junior Lounger

also, not all microfiber is the same - generally, you get what you pay for but try to avoid really cheap microfiber and go with something that is at least a few dollars a towel (can be found at autozone etc) also yellow costo ones are great quality and price, but they come large packs
Old 09-18-2005, 05:52 PM

Junior Lounger

bronze09 is right, make sure they are good quality, and make sure there is no dirt/hair/etc inbetween the fibers on ur towel before you buff your nano!

BLACK MACBOOK:

IPOD NANO:
8GB | BLACK | 2ND GEN
Old 09-18-2005, 05:56 PM

Junior Lounger

Can this be used on both colors, or just black ones?
Old 09-18-2005, 06:00 PM

Junior Lounger

Since the nanos are made of the same material, it will work for the white nano as well. I just have a black nano, and they show scratches more than the white ones, which is why i used black as an example

BLACK MACBOOK:

IPOD NANO:
8GB | BLACK | 2ND GEN
Old 09-19-2005, 09:38 AM

Junior Lounger

In aviation, we have micromesh kits that include buffing creme and varing degrees of micro fiber/micro mesh. The kit used for polishing out acrylic aircraft windshields is perfect for ipods/ibooks/imacs/etc.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:54 AM

Senior Lounger

I kept the clear sticker on my nano, so i don't have to worry about this yet; but when I do, I'll definately be picking some of this stuff up! Kudos for posting!

Topic: I have found the best Nano scratch remover! (plus its cheap)

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.