FIX: For when your iPod skips over songs

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

cfrolich

FIX: For when your ipod skips over songs

So today is my first visit to the ipod lounge and I came here because my brand new ipod mini started randomly skipping songs. I have 920 songs added (just under 4 megs free out of 4 gigs). I figured it had something to do with the fact that the ipod might have been overloaded with songs and couldn't figure out there were so many songs. But then I read all the other posts about people having problems with their ipods skipping over songs.

Now I came up with a solution that I found kind of randomly. If you connect your ipod to your computer, open itunes then play each and every song on your ipod in itunes (even just for a second) then it seems to NOT skip over it anymore when you have the ipod disconnected and you are just using it normally. Now maybe this is just coincidince, but I know it has worked for multiple playlists.

I am about to install a macro to go through all my songs and have it click "next" for me all 900+ times!

Has anyone else tried this or had success or am I just getting lucky? Any Ideas?

cfrolich

UPDATE:
Just finished using iTunes to play all songs on the iPod (mini). NO MORE SKIPPING OF SONGS. Hopefully this ins't a temporary fix, but we shall see...

if you need a good macro go to www.download.com and search macro, the first one works well enough. I've used better but it was fast.

So to highlight, if you are having problems with your ipod skipping over songs (the song will come up for a second and then go directly to the next song without playing) here is how you can fix it.

Connect ipod to your computer
click directly on "my ipod" and see all your songs
then play EVERY song. if you only have a few then just hit next
if you have tons of songs use a macro to have it do something like : DOWN ARROW, delay 10 ms, enter, delay 10 ms, DOWN ARROW

Hope this helps.... someone else try it who is having this problem.

boogy

I am gonna try this once I have my iPod...so the best macro would be Workspace Macro Pro - Automation Edition 5.0??????

*Bookmarked*

swirly

So you have to go through *every* song in iTunes for this to work? I tried doing it with just the songs that weren't working because I wasn't sure what you meant, and it still doesn't work. Also, do you mean play the songs in the library?

Last edited:

enjoilax

Um, idk man, I have done what similar to what you said, and sometimes my 'pod will skip one, possibly 2 songs.

Although its only happend once in a blue moon.

She gets a little moody in the cold. :\

cfrolich

Swirly: No not your library. In iTunes when your ipod pops up, click on it (not any of the playlists) and ALL of your songs come up. Then play ALL of them... even if just for a split second. I used a macro to have it go through auctomatically. It took about 20 minutes to resolve the issue on all 920+ songs I had on my mini.

enjoilax

cfrolich said:
Swirly: No not your library. In iTunes when your ipod pops up, click on it (not any of the playlists) and ALL of your songs come up. Then play ALL of them... even if just for a split second. I used a macro to have it go through auctomatically. It took about 20 minutes to resolve the issue on all 920+ songs I had on my mini.
Try going through 9K+

:D

swirly

Ah, I see...I was confused because my iPod is set on automatic update, so you can't play songs by clicking directly on the iPod in iTunes. I set it to manual though, and I'm going to try the macro solution.

swirly

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Awesome, it worked!

Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

cfrolich

blazo_iPod: Get Workspace Macro Pro (I have 5.0)... the trial works fine. Then just have it "learn" a new macro where you have it double click on the first file on your iPod then hit down and then enter... then just have it repeat until you tell it to stop at a turbocharged rate. Easy breazy... I'm glad it worked for you swirly, I knew it would.... EVERYONE who has this problem should try this before they send it back to apple. I'm not sure why it works, but I'm glad it does!

blazo_iPod

Website
www.hugemassif.com
OMG OMG OMG

IT WORKED. IT TOTALLY WORKED.

I have my 40gig iPod 99% full, with about 3000 tracks (lots of them are 60+ minute dj mixes) and using that macro worked (on free downloads.com). IT REALLY WORKED.

swy32x

Instead of having the macro hit down enter wouldn't it be speedier for it to just hit the right arrow key?

blazo_iPod

Website
www.hugemassif.com
>Instead of having the macro hit down enter wouldn't it be speedier for it to just hit the right arrow key?

Yup, thats what I did. In the macro, you can control how long the idle activity is before a mouse click, so you can make it for exactly 1 second. Took about 2-3 hours I think for me.

thundergroove

lounge lizard
Website
flatscreens.freepay.com
error in Workspace Macro Pro "an error occured while saving the file. Maybe some characters in the filename are invalid. Please try again."

I keep trying different names to save my macro and keep getting this error.

cfrolich

Its funny cause I think it was my first post... and I saved the day! I'm glad its working for everybody... maybe I'll get a phone call from Apple with a job offer... ha.

And about the macro... if anyone is having problems trying to figure it out, you don't HAVE to use the one I suggested, its just the first one that came up when I searched "macro" on downloads.com ... there are easier ones out there, so if anyone has any suggestions, let 'er rip

Fastfwd

I hope Apple will come out with a fix for that. I really like using auto-sync and I don't want to have to run some macro everytime I change my music on the iPod.

I was thinking it was because some of my music was ripped with other encoders but even on the same album I get songs that skip and others that play.

brendanx

This was exactly my problem and appears to have not worked. Are you certain that playing each track for one second is enough? I went through 6,000 songs last night and this morning went through MUSIC > ARTIST > BAND NAME > PLAY and it still skips over all the songs. It loads the mp3 ID3 tag but never starts the track. What should I do???

blazo_iPod

Website
www.hugemassif.com
Here's an update:

I did the macro and it worked more or less, but a few tracks (maybe 1 or 2 out of 3000 *so far*) still get skipped over. I haven't added any music to iPod in a long time, and definetly not since I did the macro. Its very odd and I wish apple would comment on it.