my ipod mini does not play

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

flowerandfish

Hello!
can any anyone help me?
I have a 4GB ipod mini, when I press the play button to play a song. the song displays, but it does not start to play. it just stay at 00:00. I didn't pause it. I just try to restore it and update the software, but it does not help.
do you have this kind of problem before?

jonnny

Welcome to the Forums! :D

Stuff to check:

Does your music play normally under iTunes?
Did you eject and disconnect your iPod properly after you finished working with it ("Do not disconnect" is not on the display)?
Does this happen to all your songs, or just some or even one?
Are you positive you didn't pause it? (Just kidding. :))

flowerandfish

it happens to all the songs. I can't get one to play. I am sure that I didn't pause it. other things just works pefectly. I can upload song in the ipod.
I want to know how can I delete songs in the ipod. can I use my computer to play the songs in the ipod? I did enable it as hard disk. I go to check it. I see three folders, but I can't see any songs in the ipod hard disk. is there any way to view it?

moe_4eva

To delete songs in the ipod, just go into your preferences when the ipod is connected, click on the ipod tab, then select "update manually." Then, you can go into your ipod and manually delete and reload the songs. Have you tried playing the songs through itunes as jonnny suggested? It could be you have a bad rip of the songs and you may need to reimport them.

flowerandfish

do you mean if try to play the song in the iturn before transfer to the ipod?
yes, it has no problems.
I just don't know what's wrong with it.

jonnny

Since you say your music plays fine in iTunes, there's a couple more things to ask:

Is this a brand new mini?
Have you ever gotten music to play on your mini?

If not, then you've probably got a broken mini in your hands. Looks like a job for Apple Support! (Play superhero theme music of your choice)

If you've had your mini for a while, and/or you have gotten music to play in the past, then...try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of iTunes, as well as updating the software in your mini with the latest iPod updater (yes, do it again, just to make sure).

If it doesn't work out, then go ahead with the service request.

flowerandfish

I think this is a very unnormal problem.
it works great in the past, but it just stop play one day.
does anybody has the same problem as me?

mib66

I've got the same problem. My mini turned 1 yr. old on May 3rd, and all of a sudden its decided to stop playing. I ran the ipod update software and basically reset it, but still hangs up (it sometimes will play a few seconds of a song, with very loud crackles and pops). Any one else see this happen?

davidokay

Same problem here : my mini show the song but don't play!!

Same thing here : all is normal but it's stuck on 0:00, sometimes it plays one or two second of bad sound and the timer go further but stop again... what can I do?? It's a brand new ipod apple send me after I change my first one (the first has its batterie's dead)

If you can help me please !
David
[email protected]

Naeds

I Need Help :(

Can someone pleeeease help asap?
I recently restored my Ipod mini. however when i try to sync my ipod with the new songs, it tells me that it 'cannot sync' with it!!
i dont know what to do :(
please help!
xxx

koffdrop

omg the same sh@ happened to me i thought a screwed ma new pod up but i clocked its just corrupted my ipod because if u dont disconect properly it does it but its simply resolved by doing a restore threw itunes easy peasy :p