i dropped my ipod for the first time!!! how much impact can ipod take?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

illmaticnyc

well i just dropped it outside in front of my house, probably a 5 foot drop. I have an iskin and itunes and it landed right on the transmitter. the ipod itself iddnt get scratched and it works fine but i was wondering how much of an impact can these things take?
what covers do you guys use?

do you tinhk something could have broken aynways despite the fact that my ipod still works?

moe_4eva

If it still works, you're probably okay. I've dropped mine a few times from about 3 feet from my desk at home onto my floor or from a table at work or school onto the floor, and I haven't had any problems. Maybe I've been lucky, but I've found they are fairly resiliant. But it also depends on how the ipod lands. If you're worried about the drop, buy some sort of a shock case.

cowboypunk

good thing you had an iskin on. i drop mine w/o any protection, luckily me iPod still works. i shouldve gotten an iskin or somethin before i bought the apple remote.

chuckley

ull find out when u drop it again from a higher height and on a harder surface...

thesire

Ive heard that how it lands is a big factor in the iPod surviving the fall. Another factor is of the HD is spinning or not.

Dont get too careless. Everytime you drop your iPod, you are taking a chance that it may never work again.

synch22

U WILL BE FINE, mine was 3 weeks old and dropped it off the stairmaster to the tile floor.... its still fine. At that point i decided who cares about a cover and such... they are bound to get scratched.. i

Tony Mac

synch22 said:
U WILL BE FINE, mine was 3 weeks old and dropped it off the stairmaster to the tile floor.... its still fine. At that point i decided who cares about a cover and such... they are bound to get scratched.. i
Your not thinking too smart there. Even if it does have scratches, the imact, if it lands right could make the hard drive heads scratch into the hard drive disks.