Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: HP+iPod can't connect via Firewire

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-14-2005, 12:40 PM

Freshman Lounger

HP+iPod can't connect via Firewire

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. Hi I have a 40Gb HP+iPod about 5 months now and it was working perfet!! But yesterday I tried to plug my iPod in another computer via firewire but it won't connect!! I can see that the iPod is Charging but I don't get the "Do not disconnect" screen in the iPod. Tried in a few computers and same thing!! So I connect via USB2 in my main computer and it works fine!! So I tried to connect it via firewire in my main computer (where the USB worked) and I can't connect either!! So I used another firewire cable but with the same result no connection!!! Then I tried to reset and no results!! tried to go in disk mode same result!! no connection!! What is wrong with my iPod? I will try to reformat the iPod but it would be my last option!! does anyone one can suggest anything!! Thanks in advance!!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-15-2005, 02:04 PM

Junior Lounger

a driver issue? i believe there is a driver in the download for the ipod software that got installed on your pc and not on the other computers you have tried.

rob
4g 40GB iPOD
3000 and change songs

Topic: HP+iPod can't connect via Firewire

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.