Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: SOLUTION TO: Missing Album Art on iPod photo

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 05-16-2005, 11:46 PM

Freshman Lounger

disregard my last post. I'm trying to do anything and everything I can to prevent from doing this only because I do not want to go through that process... I checked every single song for a double artwork and checked for the white box with no "drag artwork here" message... but nothing.. I know when it started and I know that the cd's I imported were not perfect so I wouldnt doubt if I have plenty of songs with scratches or something but would that cause my problem?

another question I have is when I mount my ipod it doesnt sync unless there have been changes made so if I uncheck show album art how does it know?

honey, you mentioned checking for the "add art here" message but what if you already have album art displaying in itunes? You wouldnt get that message because youd be able to view the art so you wont know what song is curropt right? Are you saying I have to delete the album art of all my songs in order to find the curropt song? just curious...

Last edited by sixzero; 05-17-2005 at 12:55 AM.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 05-17-2005, 02:30 AM

Freshman Lounger

I tried that "check and uncheck" solution and it seems to have temporarily done the job... I was about to restore and do alot of crazy stuff...

Has anyone who used the method above have to do it more then once? if so how many times usually? average?
Old 05-19-2005, 08:07 PM

Freshman Lounger

how do I restore my iPod?
Old 05-20-2005, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sixzero
disregard my last post. I'm trying to do anything and everything I can to prevent from doing this only because I do not want to go through that process... I checked every single song for a double artwork and checked for the white box with no "drag artwork here" message... but nothing.. I know when it started and I know that the cd's I imported were not perfect so I wouldnt doubt if I have plenty of songs with scratches or something but would that cause my problem?

another question I have is when I mount my ipod it doesnt sync unless there have been changes made so if I uncheck show album art how does it know?

honey, you mentioned checking for the "add art here" message but what if you already have album art displaying in itunes? You wouldnt get that message because youd be able to view the art so you wont know what song is curropt right? Are you saying I have to delete the album art of all my songs in order to find the curropt song? just curious...
When I did it I had a song that didn't have any album artwork as of yet and that is how I found the corrupt song. If album art is already there and it is the song then you won't see the blank box even if you remove the artwork. I know because that is what I did at first was to put the album artwork in the box for that song and still had the same problem. I then removed it and the message box was there so I deleted that song & reimported it. I knew it was that song since I had seen the message 'drag artwork here' was missing.

If that's the problem and all songs have the artwork then first try a restore or otherwise your talking about reimporting your library.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel CR
how do I restore my iPod?

Open the updater and connect the iPod, then click the restore button. This will erase the iPod HD and set it back to its factory settings. Look on your computer under iPod>iPod Updater 2005.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sixzero
I tried that "check and uncheck" solution and it seems to have temporarily done the job... I was about to restore and do alot of crazy stuff...

Has anyone who used the method above have to do it more then once? if so how many times usually? average?
If you mean the check/uncheck then I had to do it twice and it didn't resolve my problem. The arkwork disappeared again.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:35 AM

Freshman Lounger

Hey Guys...new poster, though I've been checking out these forums for a while.

Anyway, I'm having the "some artwork shows up, some doesn't" problem that many of you are having.
I'm working with an updated Ipod and itunes 4.8.
I've unchecked and rechecked the display artwork box several times and each time itunes is working on optimizing the artwork, about 40% through it stops and I receive an unknown error message -2003.
I've tried to find out what the error message really means, but I'm not sure.

I haven't tried resetting my iPod...I guess that's what's on tap for tonight.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
Thanks!

-Ryan
Old 05-31-2005, 05:21 PM

Freshman Lounger

I'm on the phone with an Apple service guy and he says that the "Error Message (-2003)" problem most likely has to do with album art files.
He says that the iPod photo only supports jpgs (other image files will be viewable in iTunes, but only jpgs can be seen on the ipod photo) and that I should make sure all the album art thats shown are jpgs.
He also said that there should only be one piece of album art for any given song or I'll still get a message.
I guess I'll be spending the next few hours making sure I just have jpgs.

Does anyone know of a way to delete all the album artwork from your ipod without having to manually go through each song?
Old 05-31-2005, 05:58 PM

Freshman Lounger

Well, I found the applescript for removing artwork here on Doug's Applescripts. It works great...now I just have to rebuild that artwork collection. Fun!
Old 06-03-2005, 03:43 PM

Freshman Lounger

ARGH! Album art

This JUST started happening to me, too. I used to have all of the files with album art working JUST FINE.

I uploaded another 15GB the other day, and not only is some of my art not coming up - but the WRONG art is showing up for albums that used to have the right art!

I changed the music genre of a whole ton of files - and then this happened.

None of the solutions are working for me.

This happen to others? Art showing up in the wrong place, or not at all?
Old 06-03-2005, 03:45 PM

Freshman Lounger

My art has been on the straight and narrow since I deleted everything and switched over to jpgs.
I did find that some files were wonky and they were causing problems as well, but they've been fixed.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:39 PM

Re: ARGH! Album art

Quote:
Originally posted by ejturtle
This JUST started happening to me, too. I used to have all of the files with album art working JUST FINE.

I uploaded another 15GB the other day, and not only is some of my art not coming up - but the WRONG art is showing up for albums that used to have the right art!

I changed the music genre of a whole ton of files - and then this happened.

None of the solutions are working for me.

This happen to others? Art showing up in the wrong place, or not at all?

Go through your library and make sure that the song has only one cover showing under the artwork tab: right click & select get info>artwork and delete any extras.

It's probably a corrupt song. Did you try doing a restore first. If it doesn't help then go through your library and find the song that's causing the problem or reimport them all and check them before you add the artwork to them. Make sure the window is open and the drag art here is showing.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:11 PM

Freshman Lounger

Re: Re: ARGH! Album art

Quote:
Originally posted by honeybee1236
Go through your library and make sure that the song has only one cover showing under the artwork tab: right click & select get info>artwork and delete any extras.

It's probably a corrupt song. Did you try doing a restore first. If it doesn't help then go through your library and find the song that's causing the problem or reimport them all and check them before you add the artwork to them. Make sure the window is open and the drag art here is showing.

Hm... I have 9779 songs on the IPod now. About 4000 seem to have the wrong art now... how would I go about finding the problem that started it all?

This is going to be tedious, isn't it?

Delete all and start again... sounds like my best (worst) option.

UGH.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:35 AM

Welcome to the lounge ejturtle. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

You can delete all and start again instead of searching and not finding the corrupt song. It's bad when you have a lot of songs to go through. Just make sure when you import that you check each song before you add the album art. Open the artwork box in iTunes and make sure that outline & saying 'drag album artwork here' is showing on each song. If it's not delete it and reimport it. Each song must be highlighted first for this to appear.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:46 AM

Junior Lounger

I've read this with interest. I'm getting the (-2003) error so I'll be going through my library checking for the items mentioned. Can't wait...

One question this all begs - if having more than one artwork per album is going to screw up your iPod, why does iTunes let you do it?! Why would you *want* more than one piece of album art per album?

Apple should just remove the ability to add multiple covers or at least set it as an option to prevent all of this hassle.

Topic: SOLUTION TO: Missing Album Art on iPod photo

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.