Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: SOLUTION TO: Missing Album Art on iPod photo

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 05-03-2005, 04:43 PM

Freshman Lounger

Re: Album Artwork disappearing

Yes, the iPod is connected and the option is STILL not there. I've reinstalled the software several times, and still nothing. And I have reformated the iPod a dozen times too... I know it's not a corrupt song because I've reformated and only added one song... and still no album artwork. It's odd.

Quote:
Originally posted by honeybee1236
The option is only when the iPod photo is connected. You won't see it if it is not connected.

See the 3rd solution and try that since it may be corrupt song.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 05-05-2005, 03:56 PM

Freshman Lounger

This is driving me nuts...everytime I update my iPod with a new song with album art, all songs already on the iPod have their art disappear. When I try simply un-checking then re-checking the option to display art, I get:

"The iPod cannot be updated. An unknown error occured (-50)."

Which has led me to just format and reload the iPod out of frustration. Any ideas on what's causing this error?
Old 05-07-2005, 11:22 AM

Use google to search that error code & check Apple discussion 'error 50' & 'error -50'.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jordan23
i've been having a problem the last week or so.

when i add new songs to my ipod library, seems to be maybe 1-2 albums which were already in my library lose their album art.

it seems like if its from the same artist , one of the albums from that artist which was already in my library would lose its album art, but not 100% sure about that.

any help is appreciated, thanks.
Delete the album/song and reimport it.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:27 AM

Re: Re: Album Artwork disappearing

Quote:
Originally posted by greyspace
Yes, the iPod is connected and the option is STILL not there. I've reinstalled the software several times, and still nothing. And I have reformated the iPod a dozen times too... I know it's not a corrupt song because I've reformated and only added one song... and still no album artwork. It's odd.

That one song could have the that problem. You need to check the box not assume.

If the option isn't in iTunes to show/hide artwork then you need to reinstall the disk that came with the iPod.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:20 PM

Freshman Lounger

I had the same problem with the mysterious disappearing "show artwork on iPod" checkbox. I'm still not sure what I did, but I connected and disconnected the iPod at least four times and all of a sudden, the checkbox had returned. Then I was able to uncheck, resync, check resync, and then all my artwork was there on the iPod.

I've since added a bunch more albums so I will probably have to go through this mess again. I am really hoping 4.8 will solve this.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:15 PM

Freshman Lounger

No, I know it's not that one song because I've removed the artwork from it, reloaded new artwork, and then had it loaded onto a friend's iPod and there were no problems... but it still wouldn't appear on mine. There are obviously other issues causing artwork to disappear than just corrupted files. As far as option box for artwork and iTunes, as I said in a previous post, I've reinstalled the software several times (at least over 20.. big headache), and the problem continues. I'll probably have to just exchange the iPod itself (again, for the 4th time!)
Old 05-13-2005, 10:45 AM

Junior Lounger

have people had this problem using an app like iart?
just wondering if its a problem with the thumbnail databasing on the ipod or in itunes?
Old 05-16-2005, 01:38 PM

Freshman Lounger

honey

honey, since you fixed the issue have you been living problem free with all your artwork?
Old 05-16-2005, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by moonglow
have people had this problem using an app like iart?
just wondering if its a problem with the thumbnail databasing on the ipod or in itunes?
The problem has been caused by different issues not just one.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:04 PM

Re: honey

Quote:
Originally posted by sixzero
honey, since you fixed the issue have you been living problem free with all your artwork?

I haven't had any problems with my iPod and the artwork disappearing since I deleted the corrupt song & reimported it - which fixed the problem. That is what was causing my problem in the first place.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:13 PM

Freshman Lounger

Honey, is there a way that I could contact you on aim? I want to know if you think I have the same problem. My ipod is fairly new and I just dont want to do anything wrong... Also if its too much of a hassle I'll just turn album art off. The only problems I've experienced is album art, mounting issues (sometimes is works..others is freezes, and skipping songs (instead of one song after another ... sometimes 3-4 songs).
Old 05-16-2005, 06:21 PM

Try restoring the iPod if your having other problems and see if the artwork problem is also resolved.

You can post your problems in the forums.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:47 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by nagromme
I noticed after the March 2004 iPod update (camera connector/new transitions) that two albums were now missing their art from all songs. One album was a CD rip (AAC) and the other album was an iTunes purchase. The artwork was still just fine in iTunes. I've never done any manual synching so that's not the issue. Rebooting the iPod didn't help.

I fixed it in 2 clicks:

I simply turned off the iPod's album art display in iTunes prefs, then turned it back on. The art was automatically re-built for the iPod (must be stored in a special optimized format, like the photo thumbnails). It took several minutes of processing, but now all seems to be well again.

I was having the exact same problem, and this worked perfectly for me.
thanks
Old 05-16-2005, 10:58 PM

Freshman Lounger

How do I restore?

Topic: SOLUTION TO: Missing Album Art on iPod photo

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.