Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: audible books: how to skip ahead faster?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-10-2003, 02:06 AM

Freshman Lounger

Unhappy audible books: how to skip ahead faster?

I download audio books to my iPod. (I buy them through Audible.com). If I accidentally hit the wrong button, or if I stop listening without hitting Pause first, I lose my place in the book and have to start from the beginning of it again. It takes forever to get back to where I left off using the so-called "fast forward" button. Is there a faster way to skip way ahead in these huge book files?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-10-2003, 05:54 AM

dirty

Are you talking about using the touch wheel fast forward is too slow or do you mean holding down the forward button? I don't have much experience using the forward button to forward, but using the touch wheel seems pretty reasonable in hour long dj sets i have searching for certain parts.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:13 AM

Pro Lounger

to quickly move around your Audible file, touch the center button and the volume bar becomes a navigation bar. then use the wheel to zip around to anywhere on the track.

On the newer models, there are also section markers indicated by vertical lines that appear after you tap the center button. Once you see these, use the FF and RW buttons to advance from one section to another.

As for accidentally hitting the RW button an losing your spot, I highly recommend getting one of the rubber slipcovers like the DLO one or the iSpeck skin. The depth of the cover make the buttons more foolproof.

fka parannoya
New! 4Gig Nano
iPod: 15 gig 3G with 2.1 / 6G iPod Mini / Shuffle-512mb

iTunes for Win 4.6 (w/Audible Download Helper plug-in)
Computer: Win XP
Old 10-17-2003, 11:07 PM

Senior Lounger

G3 has section markers?

Quote:
Originally posted by parannoya
...On the newer models, there are also section markers indicated by vertical lines that appear after you tap the center button. Once you see these, use the FF and RW buttons to advance from one section to another.
Really? There are sections to long audible books? Like the old real player OS 8/9 solution they had originally? I did miss that when they went to the iTunes plugin and then with the iPod.

a G2 owner getting screwed again

Topic: audible books: how to skip ahead faster?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.