Converting MP3 to Audible format?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

asher

I know that lots of folks have figured out how to convert from the Audible format, presumably to crack the copy-protection, but I'm interested in converting to the Audible format so as to get the benefit of iPod's bookmarking in long files. Anybody know of a way to do this?

Aaron

Podunk

I'm pretty sure that theres no know way to do it. I've been trying to figure the same thing for a long time.

I pretty much just gave up and now I just buy all my audiobooks from Audible. But I do have a few oldies that I'd still like to convert somehow.

grimbly

Audible Format

Podunk said:
I'm pretty sure that theres no know way to do it. I've been trying to figure the same thing for a long time.

I pretty much just gave up and now I just buy all my audiobooks from Audible. But I do have a few oldies that I'd still like to convert somehow.

Good news, it is Possible.

But, it's really long winded..

Firstly take your Audiobook MP3 files and merge them into a few BIG Mp3's.. Best to keep the size <100Meg or so.

Next import the file into iTunes and convert them into AAC (not too high quality to save space)

When it's done, and this is the clever bit, delete both entries, but don't move them to the recycle bin..

Find the orignal MP3 files and delete them, also the merged mp3 files...

Next, find the m4a file and change it to a m4b file.

Job Done!

netean

grimbly said:
Next, find the m4a file and change it to a m4b file.

Job Done!

sorry that's not an Audible file, that's just an audiobook format.

The easy way to do that is download one of the many mp3 - audiobook converters - that's what I do

the problem is converting to Audible's .AA audiobook format, this has extra bookmarking features that simple m4b doesn't have (m4b does have 1 bookmark feature though, .aa simply has lots more)