Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Menu Button not working...

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-04-2005, 12:23 AM

Freshman Lounger

Unhappy Menu Button not working...

i am trying to get out of the song playlist i am listening to.. but when i press the menu button on myipod nothing happens.. i'm so worried!!! is it competely broken or can i fix it??
please help!!!!!!!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 03-04-2005, 12:24 AM

Grade-A Beef

Have you tried resetting the iPod?

Power Macintosh G4/500 PCI
OS X 10.4.1 1024MB RAM 40GB + 60GB + 120GB Pioneer DVR-107 Radeon 7000 PCI + Rage 128 PCI, dual 17" Apple Displays

iPod photo 60GB
Old 03-04-2005, 12:26 AM

Freshman Lounger

how do i reset it? not too savy with my ipod yet.. i just got it.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:45 AM

Toggle the hold switch at the top of the iPod by the headphone jack so that no orange is showing. Then press and hold the menu and select (in the center of the click wheel) buttons until you see the Apple logo. If the menu button does not work then this process might not work. Remember to hold the two buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo, it should take around 30 seconds.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 05-31-2005, 10:39 PM

LJL
Freshman Lounger

That method was unsuccessful for me.

However, next step was to open up the iPOD and manually disconnect the battery in order to fulfill the hard reset. After re-assembly my iPOD Menu button is functional.

May not be a long term fix since I just performed this operation but it does fix temporarily. There are some videos floating around about how to open the iPODS so search around for those.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:58 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornchild2002
Toggle the hold switch at the top of the iPod by the headphone jack so that no orange is showing. Then press and hold the menu and select (in the center of the click wheel) buttons until you see the Apple logo. If the menu button does not work then this process might not work. Remember to hold the two buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo, it should take around 30 seconds.
Holy cow, you fixed my ipod. Thank you! My menu button was stuck as well. It could only turn on and off the backlight. But doing this I can go back once more! Thank you so much.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:41 PM

Freshman Lounger

I had the same problem. Instead of resetting my ipod, I plugged it into my computer, and added a song. When I disconnected it, the main menu popped up and the menu button worked again.

Topic: Menu Button not working...

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.