Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: losing my place in audiobook when docking

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-08-2005, 08:46 PM

Freshman Lounger

losing my place in audiobook when docking

I am trying to listen to an audiobook on my ipod (in mp3 format, not audible) and i'm getting annoyed because i lose my place whenever i dock my ipod to recharge or update. is there a way around this, or does it always reset after docking?

also, i find that if i don't use my ipod for a day or so, i turn it on and it shows that damn apple logo for a good 15 seconds before turning on and it's reset again! even the annoying 'click' of the clickwheel is enabled.

i don't know if these 2 issues are related, but i just want my ipod to come back to where i left off!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:53 PM

This is normal, every time you plug it into your computer to update it or add new songs, the iPod "resets" it place when playing audio. If you start a playlist and are on the 120th song out of 500, it will exit the playlist and you will have to start from the beginning. The reason your iPod is showing the Apple logo after more than a day of non-use is because your iPod turns itself off. When it does not show the Apple logo it just comes out of hybernation. Everythin you are decribing is normal.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 02-08-2005, 09:55 PM

You can convert your audiobooks to a bookmarkable format, which will not only allow you to retain your playback position, but will even sync your playback position between the iPod and iTunes.

See this thread for information on how to do this.

Old 02-09-2005, 01:23 PM

Freshman Lounger

thanks for the help i would definitely suggest to apple that in a firmware upgrade, they add an option where you can have the ipod save its position regardless of docking or shutting down

Topic: losing my place in audiobook when docking

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.