error with transfering library to new computer

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mmc2820

I tried to follow the instructions on apple/ipod web page...trying to transfer my itunes library from my roommate's computer to my new computer...not working.

I originally put in the Ipod disc and registered again on my new computer, saw my songs there (not noticing it wasn't in the library...) then purchased songs from itunes...these songs now are the only songs in my library on new computer...but don't show up and can't be dragged to ipod...and my ipod library cannot be dragged/doesn't show up in new library...

So I tried to consolidate library on old computer and follow the steps to transfer to new computer - I seem to be stuck when I eject ipod from old computer and plug into the new one.

Help! It says to copy the itunes folder from the ipod to the same location on new computer (what is this location by the way?) - I still cannot get any of this to work.

SO FRUSTRATED :confused:
Thanks in advance

mmc2820

new computer - old ipod - can't...

i used some software to transfer my ipod library to new library on new computer...but now for some reason i cannot click and drag a single song over to my ipod - it doesn't allow me to do it

this is my old ipod on a new computer...what am i doing wrong?

thanks

mmc2820

old ipod - new computer - cannot drag songs from library

somehow - through a ton of help i transferred my library/ipod to a new computer - i can see all of my songs in my library- i even purchased some songs from itunes - but I cannot drag a single song over to my ipod

i can't put my purchased songs on my ipod and i can't make playlists

please help! thanks

Post merged.
First, click on a song and see if the song plays in iTunes.
-Second, is your iPod on auto sync or manually manage songs and playlists?
-Next, make sure the purchased music can play in iTunes before trying to transfer to the iPod. The computer may need to be authorized to play and transfer the songs to the iPod. (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93014).