Reset, Restore, ipod still doesn't work.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chrisnorton

I have a 3G, 40gb ipod that had been working fine up until two days ago. I've been using a firewire cable and Windows XP and Itunes. I updated my ipod with the 2.2 version that came out in January and everything was going fine.

Then on Saturday I was using Itunes, put some new songs on the ipod and everything looked fine, the ipod while connected showed those new songs as added, so I "ejected" the ipod. The "ok to disconnect" icon stayed on the ipod and wouldn't turn off. It would stay like this until I did a "reset". After reset I get an icon with the "plug" and an arrow. So I reconnect the ipod to my computer and I have to "restore" it. I do this with the ipod updater and it appears to be working properly. I then go through the process of adding songs, and then "eject" the ipod again. I get the same problem every time.

Now, I can't even transfer more than 15-20 songs from itunes to the ipod without getting an error in itunes saying it cannot write to the ipod.

I called apple and even though I purchased the ipod in March of last year and can provide purchase date information, they will not honor their warranty. My only option, according to them is to buy an extended warranty service.

Any suggestions?