Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod stuck on Play/Pause- won't return to menus

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-21-2005, 02:57 AM

Freshman Lounger

iPod stuck on Play/Pause- won't return to menus

My iPod is currently set to shuffle within the entire library. It will play, pause, FF, Rew, turn off and on, etc. Everything works except that I can't access any menus. When I press the menu button, the time changes to the words "Now Playing" for a few seconds before displaying the time again. Holding it longer just turns on the light. Any suggestions besides plugging it into my PC and trying to get it unstuck?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-31-2005, 12:06 PM

Freshman Lounger

This just happened to me today! I've been listening to my 4G 40GB while plugged into the Altec speaker/dock. Now, undocked and at work, Menu just causes the time-of-day at the top of the display to switch temporarily to "Now Playing"!

What a freaking pain. I'm sure a reset will clear this, or maybe just sticking it back in the Altec (where Menu was working just fine yesterday).

Come to think of it, the last thing I did was set the backlight to "Always On" because I didn't have to worry about battery while it's docked. Coincidently, holding Menu toggles the backlight to off/on... Which is what it's doing now when I hold it down. Hmmm.

If anyone discovers anything more, or how to fix outside a reset, let us know!
Old 01-31-2005, 02:41 PM

Pro Lounger

Why not just do a re-set to see if it fixes the problem...(on 3gs hold down menu and play until you see the iPod logo; on 4gs hold down menu and select). You won't lose any music and your settings should be remembered. The iPod will take a little while to run through its boot up sequence, and then odds are, your problem will be fixed.

dordale
Old 01-31-2005, 03:46 PM

Freshman Lounger

Well sure, that worked. But then, I thought it would. It kept all my settings, EXCEPT it reset my shuffle! Here I was working my way through a shuffle of my whole iPod in order to rank music, and now I have to regenerate the shuffle from square one.

NOT a big deal, but it's curious that the backlight timer stayed at "Always On" but the shuffle list disappeared. Whatever.

Topic: iPod stuck on Play/Pause- won't return to menus

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.