Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: problem tuning itrip

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-03-2005, 09:26 PM

Freshman Lounger

problem tuning itrip

I can't tune my iTrip! Everytime I try to select a station to play and therefore tune the iTrip, the iPod just starts to skip through every station without playing any of them, as if the files are corrupted.

I've tried deleting the files and reinstalling them and that does not help. I've tried installing the stations right onto my iPod or importing them into iTunes and then transferring them over to the iPod and both methods get the same results. When I put the stations into iTunes first, they'll play in iTunes (5 seconds of silence and beeps) but as soon as they're put on the iPod it's an exclamation mark and a skip.

What gives? Please someone help me, I'm going crazy here!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:14 PM

Freshman Lounger

your iTrip is probably fried. same thing happened to me. i went to Griffin Tech's website, emailed them. they told me to send it to them and they sent me a new one. bottom line is that iTrip is a piece of shiat!
Old 01-04-2005, 01:26 PM

iPod, therefore i am

Just for the record I'm very happy with my iTrip. I was never expecting crystal clear CD quality sound from it so maybe my expectations were not as high, but it does it's job brilliantly for me. It's a great way to hear your tunes through your car stereo system without the need for any external wires etc... Maybe it has something to do with what car stereo system you have (and of course the frequency you tune into in the area you live in) but I really like my iTrip.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:37 PM

Freshman Lounger

i think it definately has something to do with where you live. i live in the Atlanta area so the radio waves are extremely busy. this definately affects the iTrip. maybe i was being a little harsh, but i do think there are better FM transmitters.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:04 PM

Senior Lounger

When I first started using my iTrip (with a 3G iPod), it behaved very much like described above (except for the mentioned exclamation mark).

I initially would find the iTrip skipping through stations without locking on to anything. The problem turned out the way I was pressing the buttons.

I found that when I held the button a bit too long, rather than selecting the chosen frequency, the iPod started looping through stations.

Since I got the hang of quickly tapping and releasing the 'select' and 'pause' buttons, my iPod has never faltered.

I'm pretty certain the problem described has nothing to do with how populated the FM frequency range is in a given area. A crowded FM band may affect sound quality and static and dropouts, but it won't make the iTrip shuffle through stations.

It is either a defective unit, or a matter of refining the selection technique.

Topic: problem tuning itrip

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.