Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: What does Best Buy's iPod plan cover?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-02-2004, 09:46 PM

Freshman Lounger

What does Best Buy's iPod plan cover?

What does their product replacement thing cover? Like no matter what is wrong with my iPod I can take it back for a new one?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-03-2004, 12:33 AM

Reclined Lounger

if its the applecare package it covers replacement for 2 years and upgrades phone support to 2 years from 90 days head over to appl.com/support for more
Old 12-05-2004, 01:03 PM

Freshman Lounger

Best Buy Warranty

Best bet is to read the warranty pamplet that you can pick up from any best buy store or have a sales rep explain it to you.

Here's my take on it, having a 15 gb, 3G ipod & 40 gb, 4G ipod (both with warranties from Best Buy)

If you buy the ipod mini or 20 GB ipod, it's a 2 year replacement plan which means something goes wrong with your ipod in 2 years, you get a replacement (whether it's a new one or refurbished one, it's up to Best Buy Managers & customer service). I think it's a new one though, same plan if you buy an Xbox controller or computer keyboard - it breaks, you get a new one.

If you buy the ipod 40 gb, ipod photo 40/60 gb, you have the option of getting the 3 or 4 year performance plan (costs a bit more) which covers your ipod over that length of time. If anything goes wrong with it, bring it back to Best Buy and they will ship it out for repairs (at no cost to you...other than being forced to live w/o your ipod for 2 weeks). If they have to make repairs on it more than 3 times, the "no lemon" feature kicks in, and they replace your ipod (again with a new one, or refurbished one, depending on Customer service &/or managers).

Just remember, if Best Buy replaces your ipod through either program, you NEED to purchase a new replacement/performance plan for the same protection. Use the insurance, buy new insurance to replace it. It's a good plan I think, much better than using Warrentech at Compusa or through Apple themselves.

hope that helps.

oh, there's no phone support, you pay for insurance in case something goes wrong with your ipod. whatever phone support you get, comes from Apple for however many days...but it's an Apple Ipod, what kind of phone support could you possibly need that can't be answered on this website?

Last edited by solemn1; 12-05-2004 at 01:05 PM.

Topic: What does Best Buy's iPod plan cover?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.