Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Putting two seconds between songs in iPod and iTunes

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-12-2004, 10:32 AM

Junior Lounger

Putting two seconds between songs in iPod and iTunes

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. I am using a 4G, 40GB iPod with a Windows XP computer and iTunes. Some of my songs in iTunes and iPod start immediately after the last song ends. I would like to have a two second period of silence between songs. In Preferences>Audio tab in iTunes, I set the Crossfade Playback to zero, but that doesn't seem to help. I also tried unchecking the Crossfade Playback box, but that also doesn't help.
For iTunes and the iPod, is there any way of setting a two second (or some other time) period of silence between songs?
Thanks.
Richard

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 11-12-2004, 10:48 AM

You would have to manually change the silence between songs to two seconds under the options tab.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:35 AM

Wow. Someone who actually wants SILENCE between songs? Go figure

Of course if there is no more time in the rip to extend the time of the song it's going to just start the next song, you may not have any time in the song file to play with to make it wait before playing the next song I think.

Why do you want silence between songs?

Stuart

5G 80GB iPod / iPhone 4 / MacBook Pro / Last.fm /
Links to common ?'s
FAQS | Artist missing songs | iPod not Recognized Mac or PC | disable auto-sync temp. | Disk mode How to | iPod has Folder/!
Old 11-12-2004, 04:59 PM

Junior Lounger

Hi Stuart,
Why silence between songs? I like to get the emotional experience of the song and let it fade before getting into the next song.
Richard
Old 11-12-2004, 05:03 PM

Junior Lounger

Hi Audrey,
Do you mean I should adjust the start or stop times for the song under the options tab to create silence between songs? If so, will that change be transferred to my iPod when I sync iTunes with my iPod?
Thanks again.
Richard
Old 11-12-2004, 07:41 PM

Ah I see. That's cool, though I know a lot of people will disagree with you and say silence between songs ruins the mood and flow of intended music, but as I always say to each their own.

I belive Audrey does mean to change the stop/start time. This should transfer over on your next autosync.

Good luck,
Stuart

Links to common ?'s
FAQS | Artist missing songs | iPod not Recognized Mac or PC | disable auto-sync temp. | Disk mode How to | iPod has Folder/!
Old 11-12-2004, 07:53 PM

Junior Lounger

id like to know how to get rid of the gap between songs, you know when your listening to an album the song leads into each other but itunes and the ipod chops it slightly

anything to be done about this ?
Old 11-12-2004, 07:56 PM

No there will always be a split second gap between songs. The only way to escape this is to rip consecutive tracks as one track under advanced and join tracks. It can only be done on the original import of the songs.

Stuart

Links to common ?'s
Old 11-12-2004, 07:57 PM

Junior Lounger

oh right, thanks anyway....its not to bad a problem
Old 11-13-2004, 09:19 AM

Junior Lounger

I tried the suggested solution to increase the time between songs by going to Get Info>Options tab. Perhaps I am missing something, but it seems the only way to get, say two second gap between songs that way is to lop off the end of the song by two seconds by changing the stop time. I don't want to decrease the length of the song. I want to add a seocnd or two to the end of it or to the beginning of the next song. Is there a way to do it? If it involves changing the start or stop time without decreasing the length of a song, perhaps you would be willing to walk me through it.
Thanks.
Richard
Old 11-15-2004, 07:04 AM

Reclined Lounger

You could get an .mp3 file with two seconds of silence at the end then use an .mp3 joiner to add it to the end of all your tracks. Of course it would probably take a good amount of time.

Changing the start/stop time will just end the song early and start the next song normally. I use this feature for songs that have a silence at he beginning/end.

iPhone 4s and various old iPhones and iPods

Topic: Putting two seconds between songs in iPod and iTunes

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.