***Help Please***

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Scott8

Hi, I've just recently bought a 4g iPod and i have an old(er) remote control which i bought a while ago off ebay (model no: A1018) and i think it's for the 3g model.

It doesn't work with my iPod, is this because the 4g version doesn't support it or is it because it maybe faulty??

Please help.

Scott

CrzyCanuck72

Tragically Hip
Website
www.moviejustice.com
if it is in fact a 3G remote, then it'll work with no additional software. If it doesn't, then it's faulty. If it's a 2G remote, though, then it won't work at all, because the plug inputs are different. What does the part that goes into the iPod look like? Does it have the headphone plug and then a few millimeters away a little rectangular data input? If so, then it's a 3G/4G remote.

Sc0tt8

Yeah it fits in and everything, the sound even works through it...But none of the buttons work!

So i take it it's faulty?

If so is there anyway i can get it fixed or would it be cheaper to get a new one?

Scott

MyPodRox

Scott8 said:
Hi, I've just recently bought a 4g iPod and i have an old(er) remote control which i bought a while ago off ebay (model no: A1018) and i think it's for the 3g model.

It doesn't work with my iPod, is this because the 4g version doesn't support it or is it because it maybe faulty??

Please help.

Scott
Give the seller a bad rating and say they scammed you. So that other people dont buy from him/her

enjoilax

Scott8 said:

Please help.

Scott
Take it back to the apple store?

I think that would be your best bet.

jwc110869

Technology made me fat
This may seem to be a silly question, but as anyone asked you if you have the remote lock on? Its the little white toggle switch on the side thats shows red for locked and green for unlocked.

HEWSINATOR

I wonder if he will post back if it is the lock? Kinda silly, but I would not be suprised. I have gotten a little nervous about my iPod and realized hold is on.