Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iTunes doesn't sync all music with iPod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-11-2004, 03:28 PM

Freshman Lounger

Question iTunes doesn't sync and hangs

I'm having some issues with my new iPod. Anyone have suggestions?

My stats:

Dell 8100 Laptop
PIII 1.14 GHz
512 Mb of Ram
USB 2 PICMA Hub (as my 'top has USB1 ports)
4 pin Firewire (which I'm not using, but do have)
External HD (W:)

My problem:

Connecting my G4 20 GB iPod to my computer using UBS2. iTunes recognizes it and begins to sync songs. I have ~ 1500 songs to sync. Seems to be working fine, then around the B's it pauses. The iPod begins to make HD noises. Then the iPod's screen freezes and iTunes tells me that the sync is complete. I sometimes get a Windows "delayed write error" to drive e: (the iPod). Using the "safely remove hardware" icon, I've attempted to stop the iPod, but I always get a busy message. If I just disconnect the iPod, Windows says I can remove my PICMA bus.

G.

Update:

I've uninstalled the iPod software and reinstalled it, connecting the iPod into a USB1 port. I could upload files beyond where it was pausing when connected to the PICMA USB2 Hub.

However, I'm still getting iTunes freezing up on the transfer.

Update

I keep getting a "delayed write failure" error. This occurs with iTunes and Anapod. Anyone have any insight?

Last edited by Gavatron; 10-11-2004 at 10:54 PM.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 10-11-2004, 04:11 PM

Freshman Lounger

This problem does not seem to be limited to G4 IPOD's. I have a 15GB G3 and it is doing the same thing. It seems like the Disk has a corruption. I have tried mine on WinXP and MAC OSX, and it does the same thing around the 6.5GB range. I have also tried changing the Firmware to different versions, and again it did the same thing.

Just figured it's nice to hear that someone else has the same problem.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:32 PM

Have you tried to 'restore' the iPod? If not try it and see if the problem is solved.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:34 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by honeybee1236
Have you tried to 'restore' the iPod? If not try it and see if the problem is solved.
honeybee1236-

Yup, have restored the iPod a couple of times. Always seems to get stuck at the same place in iTunes.

G.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:48 AM

The White Rabbit

Gavatron, I've the EXACT same problem - except its a bit worse than yours - i can't copy more than 8 songs onto my 40Gb 4G....:-|...the horror...I spoke to the local Apple reseller here, and they said its definitely a har disk error/corruption...I'm sure Apple would be happy to replace it, but again, I'm a little worse off - i bought my baby in Orlando whereas I live in Brunei (that's close to Singapore) and the Apple dudes here say that the limited warranty included with the iPod is not valid internationally by itself, but only in conjunction with an AppleCare plan, which I don't have. Bummer. Gonna have to send it to my uncle who lives in Orlando to get it replaced. Major bummer.

4G 40GB B&W iPod
5.5G 30GB iPod Video, Black
iPod Classic 80GB Black
PowerBook Titanium 667Mhz, 512MB RAM, 60GB HD
MacBook Pro 2.00GHz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD

Topic: iTunes doesn't sync all music with iPod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.