Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: HELP : iPod does not sync w/ PC, only CHARGING w/ PC and iPod is not recognized

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-13-2004, 06:12 AM

Junior Lounger

HELP : iPod does not sync w/ PC, only CHARGING w/ PC and iPod is not recognized

I tried restarting and resetting and reinstalled itunes, but still, all it does is CHARGE... itunes does not recognize my ipod, actually my computer does not recognize it. There's no Removable Disk in the windows explorer... all it does is CHARGE...

I'm thinking, does it have something to do with my ipod or with the firewire? any help would be appreciated

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-13-2004, 08:02 PM

Freshman Lounger

go here...

go to this link.... http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/ ......and type 'ipod not recognized in my computer' there are two articles listed one is for mac and the other for windows, see if they help....
Old 09-13-2004, 10:25 PM

Freshman Lounger

Did you solve this problem?

I have the same problem on a regular basis. I'm running Windows XP with the iPod 4g 40GB. I have to reset ALL THE TIME. At least twice a week my computer will no longer recognise my iPod. To get it working again I have to reset the iPOD (holding the Menu button and Select button for a few seconds), then it appears to communicate with the computer again. After that I'm back to normal, but only for a few days or so.

Did you figure out a better solution to this problem?

Thanks.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:09 PM

Secret Agent

Have you tried a different firewire cable?

What gen is your ipod?

Does it say charging on the screen of your iPod? Or does it have the ok to disconnect screen..

What os are you running?? Mac windows what??? Need more info than just its not connecting..

Your firewire port or dock connector could be screwed up. Try applying a small amout of pressure on it in different directions to see if it makes a difference. DONT PRESS VERY HARD as you may break your connector.

Or your iPod may just need rebooting.

- Mike

From "Programmers at Work" by Microsoft Press, interview with Bill
(found on comp.os.os2.advocacy),

Interviewer: "Is studying computer science the best way to prepare to be a programmer?"

Gates: "No, the best way to prepare is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."

G1 5GB|G2 10GB | WinXP Pro | iPod Firmware v. 1.5 | EphPod 2.58 | AthlonXP 2200
Old 09-14-2004, 06:13 PM

Junior Lounger

Smile HI

so you have tried to format it but there was no removable disk in disk management? because if u format then restart your computer then run ipod updater all should be well ...... what gen ipod do you have?

Topic: HELP : iPod does not sync w/ PC, only CHARGING w/ PC and iPod is not recognized

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.