Best Buy Service Plan for iPod...not offered online?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Jaded Soul

Hello. New to this forum. I did a search and didn't turn up anything addressing my question.

I'm going to buy my first iPod, a 4G 20GB. After reading up that the Best Buy $40, 4-year service plan was the best value, I decided to buy from them. My local Best Buy was out of stock, so I went to order online. However, the service plan is not available to choose when buying the iPod. In fact, it cannot be added to any MP3 player.

Just as recently as 6 weeks ago, Best Buy had the service plan available, as evidenced by the image capture in this thread: http://www.ipodlounge.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40519.

My question is, does Best Buy still offer the service plan on the iPod at all? I guess I will have to wait for them to be in-stock at my local store again.

Last edited:

Bluewookie

I also experienced this. I had the Ipod 40G in my cart, had my credit card out, and when I couldn't add the warranty I decided to scrap the idea.

I'll probably end up buying an HP Ipod at Costco, seeing as their return policy will cost me nothing, and appears to be better than the Best Buy 'extended warranty' option now.