Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: I took the plunge... but I HATE fedex!!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 07-20-2004, 05:23 PM

Rockin' to the 'pod

I took the plunge... but I HATE fedex!!

I purhased an ipod yesterday afternoon with overnight shipping. I am SO excited for it to come, it's my first iPod...

However I HATE fedex. My order tracking still isn't working - I called Apple and they said that it should be arriving today, but that Federal Express probably just didn't update their stuff yet for their website.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-20-2004, 05:31 PM

12 iPods and counting

My screen shows the same, but I am not too surprised. Most of my overnight shipment through FedEx has been this way, and they arrive the next business day as promised. Sometimes it isn't updated until after your shipment has arrived.
I really don't mind it, because the looking at the shipment go through so many cities normally gets me down.

1G 5GB/2G 20GB/3G 20GB and 40GB/4G 20GB/Photo 30GB/5G 30GB Blk/1G Mini Blue/2G Mini Green/iPod Shuffle 512MB/iPod Nano 4GB Blk iPod Touch 8gb
Yeah, I own a lot of iPods. Yeah, I know it's a problem. Yeah, I know I should join iA(iPods Anonymous). Stop making new iPods Apple !!!
Old 07-20-2004, 05:33 PM

Rockin' to the 'pod

Yah but it's a problem... I was expecting my brother to be home to sign for it today while I was at work (hey I gotta pay for it somehow! ), but he wasn't, I need to know where it is so that I don't freak out, and possibly so that I can see if it's at a dropoff location for me to go pick it up instead of just waiting for it.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:37 PM

mdc
Freshman Lounger

oh man, i can't agree with you more.
i was on the phone with apple and they told me it shipped with overnight delivery yesterday. i spoke to fedex on the phone earlier and they say they have nothing in their system.

is it possible that they will deliver something *before* it gets into their system?

i just got the invoice email from apple and it said it shipped from Elk Grove, Ca 95758. so at least it is not coming from china or something.

i know i am being a bit harsh if it does not arrive today, but come tomorrow if there is nothing in the system i am going to lose it. i am going on holiday on friday and that is why i overnighted it.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:38 PM

12 iPods and counting

If you miss the shipment, they always leave a notice and where it should be available to be picked up, especially for an overnight shipment. They are usually available in the evening.

1G 5GB/2G 20GB/3G 20GB and 40GB/4G 20GB/Photo 30GB/5G 30GB Blk/1G Mini Blue/2G Mini Green/iPod Shuffle 512MB/iPod Nano 4GB Blk iPod Touch 8gb
Yeah, I own a lot of iPods. Yeah, I know it's a problem. Yeah, I know I should join iA(iPods Anonymous). Stop making new iPods Apple !!!
Old 07-20-2004, 05:42 PM

Rockin' to the 'pod

Quote:
Originally posted by mdc
i know i am being a bit harsh if it does not arrive today, but come tomorrow if there is nothing in the system i am going to lose it. i am going on holiday on friday and that is why i overnighted it.
I overnited it for exactly the same reasons! Mine's coming from elk grove too hmm... Yeah I will totally lose it if it doesn't come with enough time to get it ready for the weekend. I'm going on a road trip, this is the kind of thing they made the iPod for!
Old 07-20-2004, 05:43 PM

12 iPods and counting

oh, it is in their system, but as for them updating all the shipments that they make to be tracked by receivers/senders takes a little longer.

I know exactly how you feel mdc. I was going to be patient about purchasing the new iPod. I called everyone I knew, relatives and friends who work at Apple Stores/ BestBuy corp./ Target corp and stores/ Buy.com.
They all said it won't be in this week. I ordered it Yesterday and overnighted it as well. But from my past experience with overnight shipping (I have seen quite a few working at admissions office at my school and sending out letters there as well). I tracked a few of them because I wanted to know how well the system was updated, because I knew I would use overnight shipping in the future. They were updated sometimes, but not all the time. I think it depends on how busy the system is that day and probably the people behind it as well.

Old 07-20-2004, 06:40 PM

12 iPods and counting

Are you guys going on road trips just to test out your iPods?
I am going away for the weekend too and will be using the new iPod with iTrip, and overnighted it and sacrificed on engraving as well.
I guess we are incredibly impatient.

Old 07-20-2004, 06:43 PM

Pro Lounger

I have found this to be an issue with FedEx tracking, even with my FedEx saver (2-3 day shipping) the tracking hadn't updated until a day after I had installed my toys from newegg .

2006 Honda Accord with Griffin RoadTrip
1996 Ford Explorer with cassette adapter
Black Nano 2G 8GB
Biostar TForce550/A64 X2 @ 2.85Ghz/2GB Ram/Geforce 7900gs
Old 07-20-2004, 06:45 PM

mdc
Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by SolidGun
I am going away for the weekend too and will be using the new iPod with iTrip, and overnighted it and sacrificed on engraving as well.
i am actually going to london on holiday for a month. and yes, i am incredibly impatient
Old 07-20-2004, 06:48 PM

MixMaster

Quote:
Originally posted by mdc

i just got the invoice email from apple and it said it shipped from Elk Grove, Ca 95758. so at least it is not coming from china or something.

Elk Grove, great. I live 30 miles east of Elk Grove, I just wasted $15 on overnight shipping, even with the free ground shipping it would have been here next day!
Old 07-20-2004, 07:03 PM

Junior Lounger

WTF? Some guys I know had their ship from Shanghai!

I ordered mine at 6AM PST yesterday and it's STILL status: open with my overnight shipping ... grrr!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 07:44 PM

Junior Lounger

update.. called apple, feelling like an idiot for asking where my ipod is when it's a day before it needs to ship by. Guy tells me it's already shipped, which the website and my email disagrees with, but whatever. Get the tracking number that he says isn't active yet (don't trust fedex tracking that much anyway), just happy that it's shipped. The second I hang up with him, the email appears in my box. A few mins later, the website is updated to show that it shipped.

Conspiracy theory?

- reid
Old 07-20-2004, 08:28 PM

Rockin' to the 'pod

Quote:
Originally posted by SolidGun
Yeah I suppose I am impatient... then again I have been waiting for months to buy an iPod - I've wanted one since like, forever, it was mainly the battery issue that was holding me back from buying one - it needed to have enough juice for it to last me a road trip to NYC (family) or Boston (school). Now that it does, I went ahead and got it...

And yeah I sacrificed the engraving. It's going to get scratched up anyway, I mean, and if I get a case (which I will when they start making iSkins for the new iPods) the engraving will be covered up anyway....
Old 07-20-2004, 08:30 PM

mdc
Freshman Lounger

could someone please put me out of my misery and post when either the fedex page shows something or if they receive it.

this is getting to me now

Topic: I took the plunge... but I HATE fedex!!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.