iPod Owners UNITE!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwloh

iPod Users UNITE! I seek all of the iPod owners attention to this matter. Just today, CREATIVE (I don't even know why they call themselves creative when they are just plain rippers) launched a new 20GB Zen Touch Player. The article was published on the Straits Times and here's the link to the website: http://www.straitstimes.com.sg/topstories/story/0,4386,262358,00.html?

Once you have finished reading the article, you will understand how I am feeling right now. I AM SO UTTERLY MAD AT CREATIVE. And if you are an iPod owner, you should be too. My purpose of this post is to try and educate consumers and not dupe them like Creative did. Here are some of the reasons WHY WE SHOULD START BOYCOTTING CREATIVE.

Firstly of all reasons, the new 20GB Zen Touch Player is a TOTAL RIP-OFF iPod. Well, I used to support and marvel at Creative's creativity with innovative products. But they have just proven that they're another Microsoft-a-like company. If you look into the product history of Creative, this is the first ever white player they had launch. You should have known better why they did this. Go check out the Zen Touch Player on their website. Look at the interface, doesn't it look very familiar to the iPod you're using now? They even ripped off the iPod's interface! Not only that, the Zen Touch player also includes a touch sensor like the iPod's! Though it is a vertical touch sensor, I still consider this as ripping, since the idea came from Apple to incorporate a touch sensor to their 3G iPod. What's more, Sim Wong Hoo (Creative's CEO) even dared to say 'I think it looks better than the iPod,' on the national paper! I suppose he must be really blind.

Continued?

Secondly, they're using cunning methods to steal iPod's market share. Look into the specs carefully for the iPod and Zen Touch Player. They're both fitted with a 20GB harddisk, and yet Creative claims they can fit 10,000 songs while the iPod can only fit 5000 songs. Clearly they were using cunning methods to dupe consumers. Unknowing consumers will think the Creative's player is much more of a better deal. In fact, they can fit 10,000 songs into the 20GB harddisk because the music files are all encoded in 64kbps WMA. They claim that 64kbps WMA and 128kbps MP3 delivers the same quality of music! Oh COME ON! Even my grandmother can hear the difference between 64kbps WMA and 128kbps MP3. I can't believe that Creative even tried to use this sly method like Sony to introduce their new players. If Apple encodes music in such low quality 64kbps WMA or MP3 format, you can also put in 10,000 songs.

Thirdly, they still dupe consumers! On their official product website, it states that the Zen Touch player's maximum battery like is 24 hour as compare to iPod's 12 hour battery life. But on their press release (the link above) they claim the trashy machine can play continuously for 32 hours! What an irony. It must be one of their plans to dupe more people and make them fall for their trap.

The folks at Creative are really naive. I hope iPod owners or fans of Apple will response to this message. I really wish that you would tell your friends all about this. I also hope that some kind soul would help me set-up a website and really educate consumers on what they are buying. I don't wish anyone to be buying home a product (Zen Touch) only to find out it is a ripped/copied and bad product. No one likes to be cheated. So let us all response to this message and do something to start boycott Creative. They don't live up to their name.

Status
Not open for further replies.