Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Howto Queue songs on iPod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-20-2004, 08:45 AM

Freshman Lounger

Howto Queue songs on iPod

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. Quite often, when I am listening to my iPod (3rd gen), I will search for and play a specific song, and while I am listening to that, I will go on and find the next song I want to play.
What I want to do then is "queue" that next song to play and keep searching - building up a list of the songs I want to play, one by one.

Is there a way to do this? Have I missed something obvious or is there a sneaky hack?

Ta.

-Nick

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 06-20-2004, 09:18 AM

transmissions94

Uhm.. use the On The Go Playlist, surely?
Hold the middle button down until the song flashes, so its sent to the playlists. But then you have to play the songs from that playlist.. so you already knew this and its not what you need?
Old 06-20-2004, 05:15 PM

Pro Lounger

I know what he means, and I wish the iPod could do this, lets say you select a song, and while youre listening to it youre browsing by song, and you find one that you like, but dont want to play it until after the song youre already listening to finishes, so you press a special key combo and the song gets put into a sort of, invisible playlist. once your song that you are listening to currently finishes, then the song you selected plays.
A song queue is very different than the otg playlist.
and no you can't truly queue a song, the closest thing to this is the OTG playlist.
Old 06-20-2004, 06:35 PM

Pro Lounger

You kinda can with on the go, just add the first song you want to the playlist, and then begin playing it, you can add and que as you listen, but like I said, you first song has to be played through on the go.

I never thought that I would buy more music after my iPod.

Topic: Howto Queue songs on iPod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.