Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Very quiet playback through headphone jack

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-25-2004, 07:31 AM

Freshman Lounger

Very quiet playback through headphone jack

Hey there,

I wasn't sure if anyone could help me with a problem I'm having with my 3G 40 gig Ipod.

It was all working fine until I tried to plug it into a friend's stereo the other night. I tried to use what looked like a standard headphone size albeit in mono. I couldn't get it to work on the night so just gave up.

When I tried to play throught the headphones the next day I thought that there was no sound coming out. I later discovered that if I turned the volume up to it's highest it is *just* possible to hear some music. I have tried swapping headphones and plugging into my own stereo at home with no luck. Manual resets are also providing no joy.

It does play fine using the line out from the dock though. Does this mean I fried the headphone amp or something??

Any help or advice would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-26-2004, 10:54 AM

Freshman Lounger

Ok, I'm officially an idiot. I checked with my friend again and apparently I was using the wrong lead and plugged into an AC adaptor instead.

Now I'm sure that the chance of getting this repaired under warrenty is nil as the techs should be able to tell a mile away that something's been fried(?). Anyone got any idea how much something like this could cost to repair. The data/drive etc all seems fine - it's just listening through headphones that causes the problem.

Thanks again for your help

PS I'm not normally this stupid!
Old 02-28-2005, 12:20 PM

Freshman Lounger

quiet headphones

I to have the same problem, but I didn't plug mine in to the mains!!. I was using mine with a self powerd speaker. I would be grateful if you find a solution you let me know, repairs through Apple seem to be rather expensive.

Topic: Very quiet playback through headphone jack

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.