Ipod skipping....very weird - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Ipod skipping....very weird

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-08-2017, 03:59 AM

Freshman Lounger

Ipod skipping....very weird

Hi all

I have had various ipods for many, many years so am used to importing music into iTunes and then transferring to my ipod. Now I am having a problem I have never encountered before in all those years.......

Recently I added about 30 - 40 albums to my ipod - that was fine they all showed up on my ipod, so no problem there. Here is when it gets weird. I have not tried them all but have tried about 20 of them and when I attempt to play the album nothing happens. It starts at track 1 the counter stays at 0:00 then after a few seconds it moves to track 2 but again does not play anything. It seems to be skipping all my new imports. I have not imported them any differently to all the years previously!!!! When I try to play an album that has been on the ipod for a while absolutely no problem, plays just like normal.

What could be the problem? Any help appreciated.

What I have already done - made sure iTunes is the most recent version, have reformatted the ipod on my pc, have restored the ipod on iTunes, in diagnostic mode have checked that there is no pending sectors.

Hoping the answer is simple as I can't believe I won't be able to play any new music on my ipod
Thanks
David
Old 07-14-2017, 04:00 PM

Freshman Lounger

Has nobody else come across this problem or more importantly anyone have a solution?
Old 07-15-2017, 04:17 PM

Sometimes this can be an indicator of 2 things:
1. The iPod is dying, particularly for hard drive iPods
2. The PC hard drive is dying.

If it is number 1, you are pretty much resigned to replacing the iPod. Or taking it apart to get the hard drive out for a Spinrite scan.
If it is number 2, you need to resolve it ASAP. You can try to scan the drive to recover the files, but I would recommend restoring from a backup after fixing the drive.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: Ipod skipping....very weird

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.