not enough storage space

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bfba_nance

My Ipod classic isat the end of its road so I figured it was time to upgrade to a new Ipod. My initial thought was to get a touch, however the largest version offered is 64 GB. My music collection is about 100 GB so that wont really work for me, and with the classic being discontinued, I'm not sure where to turn. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cold Irons

Welcome to iLounge! Lots of iTunes/iPod knowledge here....

Unlike a lot of folks on the forums, I like having my whole music collection with me on my iPod. So far the 160 Gb classic works for me, but it's only a matter of time before even that size won't cover my collection.....or until the iPod gets dropped into a Puddle :(

Once I go over the edge, I'll start using a smart-playlist based method to cycle stuff on & off the iPod. Search the forums for this topic; I think it was user "CodeMonkey" that has a description of this - using playcounts & star-ratings and a nested set of smart playlists to collect a set of songs out of the iTunes Library that will fit on whatever sized iPod you end up with.