Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: 160 GB ipod sounds like Donald Duck in BMW X3 F25

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-04-2013, 07:11 AM

Freshman Lounger

160 GB ipod sounds like Donald Duck in BMW X3 F25

Hello

I have been owning a 160 GB iPod classic for a while now. I have newly acquired a BMW X3 (2012 Model, F25). The problem is that when listening to audiobooks, the iPod doubles or triples the speed (and pitch) when I return to the car after having parked. So it runs fine at first, then I stop and park the car and return and then it sounds like Donald Duck is reading to me ;-)

The car comes with the USB interface to which once can connect media players like the iPod. I am using the original BMW "Y-shape" cable that has once connection on the iPod that then splits into an USB and a 3.5mm jack. I also tried cables from Belkin and the cable that came with the iPod, but all to no avail.

It is not the Audiobook faster/slower function of the ipod that is activated because that would not change pitch, it's like "the record is turning too fast", you can see the seconds in the car's display movig much faster than at a second's pace. The iPod subsequently retains this increased speed even if not connected to the car anymore and can only be slowed down again by resetting it.

I onw an older iPod photo 80 GB which does not exhibit this behavior.

The iPod classic 160 is at the latest software level and so is the car.

Any ideas?

Regards

Chris

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Topic: 160 GB ipod sounds like Donald Duck in BMW X3 F25

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.