Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: IPod 30gb iTunes no longer seems to recognise after download iTunes 11.0.1.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-06-2013, 05:19 PM

Freshman Lounger

IPod 30gb iTunes no longer seems to recognise after download iTunes 11.0.1.

Hi

I have Windows 7 with two users set up for my wife and I to enable us to have two separate iTunes libraries, things were working fine until I recently downloaded the latest version of iTunes 11.0.1. My IPod classic 160gb seems to be working ok but for my wife’s older IPod 30gb iTunes no longer seems to recognise it when trying to download music or update it to the newer version, there does not seem to be any communication between iTunes and her iPod, all that happens is it gets charged.

I tried re installing iTunes 11.0.1 and that did not work. I also looked on the net for suggestions. One idea was to go to services and find the IPod Services folder and restart the iPod. I could do this if I needed to for mine but when I tried to do this for my wife’s I found the restart button but it was greyed out as if something was missing or had been lost so it would not let me restart it.

As you can probably gather my knowledge is limited so I would be very grateful for any assistance anyone can offer.

Many thanks

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:07 PM

Freshman Lounger

Did you try restting the iPod?

While the iPod is connected to the PC:
1) Turn the Hold button On and Off
2) Press and hold the Menu and Center buttons until the apple appears
3) then let the buttons go.

At this point the device should reset and may be recognized by the PC. If that does not work try putting it into Disk Mode.

While the iPod is connected to the PC:
1) Turn the Hold button On and Off
2) Press and hold the Menu and Center buttons until the apple appears
3) then quickly pree the Center and Play buttons and hold for a fews seconds. If a Check mark appears your in Disk Mode, if not try again until you get it right :-).

Once in Disk Mode the iPod may connect to iTunes.

Good luck
Old 01-11-2013, 09:36 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thank you for your advice I will try what you suggest

Topic: IPod 30gb iTunes no longer seems to recognise after download iTunes 11.0.1.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.