Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Help! Album view problem...

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-29-2012, 10:59 AM

Junior Lounger

Help! Album view problem...

Ok...so is there a way just to get a list of the tracks in the sequential order that they were on the cd? I have a cd-r that was recorded from an old lp. it is a live recording with four different artists. There are a lot of talking segments. When the lp was transferred to the disc, each song and each talking segment was put on its' own individual track.

So now I have a guy who wants a copy of the cd...pretty simple I thought, but I have ran into a strange problem: no matter how I try I cannot get the software just to simply list the songs in the correct sequence. It keeps taking the artists' names and rearranging the tracks in alphabetical order...which is not what I want.

I have noticed that as along as the cd only has one artist, the album list will list the tracks in their correct sequence as they were on the disc. Am I missing something?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:33 PM

Highlight all of the track in the album, right-click, Get Info, click on the Options tab, and change the value next to "part of compilation" to yes. Click OK and that should take care of things.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)

Topic: Help! Album view problem...

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.