Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Connectivity issues?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-08-2012, 05:04 AM

Freshman Lounger

Connectivity issues?

I don#t really know how to describe this. The initial problem that I was having was that my iPod would keep connecting and then ejecting. Now it will show up in iTunes, but it keeps telling me that it is corrupt and although Windows has suggested to scan and fix it, it can find nothing wrong.

Now I have restored it, reinstalled iTunes, reinstalled drivers, but nothing seems to work. Once I did get the error code 1415 and I followed the instructions on fixing that. It seemed to work initially, but 16k songs into syncing, it happened again - and none of those songs went on to my iPod.

I'm really not tech savvy, so I am probably going to be confused by any replies, but any help is greatly appreciated. I hate having to hum songs to myself.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:19 PM

Freshman Lounger

Connectivity Issues

If your ipod keeps disconnecting and the ipod is working properly, then you could be using a faulty cable so try using a different one
Old 03-14-2012, 07:35 PM

Well, problems that come up in the middle of the syncing process usually mean only a few things. Either your iPod's hard drive is corrupt or the hard drive where you are storing your iTunes library is corrupt. Normally when iTunes syncs up to a certain point and gives you an error, it will likely mean you have one of those issues (if you have already tried using a different USB port and cable). Now, if iTunes constantly stops syncing on the same song each and every time even after you have restored your iPod, it indicates that the hard drive you are storing your iTunes library on is bad. If iTunes stop syncing after a certain capacity is reached on your iPod (i.e. it always fills it up by 60GB and then stops), it points to your iPod's hard drive being the culprit.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 03-24-2012, 11:28 AM

bogert
Banned

Have you re-installed the software? It may fix your problem with ease!

Topic: Connectivity issues?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.