Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How to fix Ipod classic - stuck on apple logo?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-11-2011, 11:36 PM

Freshman Lounger

Smile How to fix Ipod classic - stuck on apple logo?

So my iPod classic 120GB has been acting up for a while now, and every so often i get error messages and it erases my library. It also has a poor connection to cables so it will disconnect in the middle of syncing. The problem is that in the middle of trying to restore it, it disconnected and now i am stuck with the apple logo and it resets itself every few minutes back to the apple logo with no backlight. I can go into diag boot but the computer still wont recognize it. My question is not about the other problems just getting it so i can restore it. or is it totally screwed.

Thanks

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:27 PM

Freshman Lounger

yeah, i had the same problem, I updated itunes and then my ipod went mental it got stuck on the ipod logo, kept resetting itself and just had this white screen saying that i needed to connect it to itunes in order to restore it....but itunes kept failing to restore it.
So i took it to a store that fixed phones and ipods, and they saeemed to get it working but it cost 20. it was back on the menu screen but i had lost all of my music, but it wasnt too much of a problem as i had it all on my itunes. so then i tried to connect it to itunes to put my music back on......and now its done it again. Gutted. Dont understand it. my laptop is brand new and has no viruses or anything. is it just kaput?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Topic: How to fix Ipod classic - stuck on apple logo?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.