Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Where can i buy faulty/broken/returned iPod's?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-12-2011, 10:54 AM

Freshman Lounger

Where can i buy faulty/broken/returned iPod's?

First of all i would like to say hello to everyone as i am a new member but have been using iLounge for quite a lot of good info in the past.

I have been able to fix ipod's, mainly 5th Gen and 6th Gen iPods for a while now and i buy my iPod's on ebay which then i fix up and sell. I have taught myself how to fix them and I really enjoy doing this in my spare time when im not at work and its a shame i cant find a way to quit my current job to take it up as a career learning more about Apple and being able to fix and build other Apple products.
I find it very frustrating when i see ipods on ebay for sale as a cheap "buy now" on ebay and whilst im reading the description someone else doing the same thing gets there before me and buys it.. DOH !!

Is there anywhere where i can buy faulty/returned/broken iPods in bulk so that i dont have to get annoyed about loosing a bid on ebay, get them fixed up and get them back in circulation making me a few extra pennies in the bank

Thanks, Rick

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:26 PM

Freshman Lounger

Ipod resale ideas

I to have been buying broken ipods and fixing them for re-sale, but have had some trouble finding a lot to buy at once. I do have some ideas and have a couple of good ways to get ipods locally. I to would love to do this on a more full time basis. If your interested we could trade ideas and see what we come up with. I have searched online for more people doing this, and it still looks like an idea that could make quite a bit of money. Let me know if you would like to bounce some ideas off each other, I can give you my contact information, maybe we could partner up and make more money.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:03 PM

Junior Lounger

I would check craigslist or any other local place that lists for sale items. I, too, buy ipods on ebay and fix them. Don't think I can get rich doing it, but every little bit helps. Good luck!

HC

3G 10gb, 40gb, 5G 80gb Video, 2G 8gb Touch, 3G 32gb Touch, Macbook Pro 500gb, 8gb Ram, 10.6 Snow Leopard

Get your cranial conjugal parasite away from my nose cone-Dr. Arne Magnusson HL2Ep2
Old 02-15-2011, 03:32 AM

Reclined Lounger

There are hundreds of people buying and selling faulty ipods off ebay at any one time, In fact I have seen faulty ipods go for more than working ones on occassion, It's ridiculous actually.
The best places to get bulk loads of ipods is to contact major electronic chain stores.
I am in ireland so I can't avail of these services but what you are looking for are companies like Argos who have clearance sales of customers returns. All the ipods which customers decide they want to return, for whatever reason, can't be resold as new so they offer them up in exclusive auctions.
There you can buy pallets of customer returned electronics and you will be able to sift through their listings to see whats on offer.They will be selling everything from hairdryers to TV's.
They do sell them off by auction and this is also pretty competitive I understand but could pay dividends.
Alternatively, why not approach small electrical outlets or repair shops in your area and advertise yourself as a repair man. That way you aren't reliant on dodgey ebay products but would need just to concentrate on purchasing decent wholesale parts and offering repairs.

I only offer this advice because as long as you aren't in Ireland then you aren't in direct competition with myself!
Good luck and most of all, enjoy the tinkering!

Dave
Forum Policy - No Advertising in Forums by Commercial Members

Topic: Where can i buy faulty/broken/returned iPod's?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.