Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod Classic 160GB, windows 7 sync issues

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-08-2011, 10:48 PM

Freshman Lounger

iPod Classic 160GB, windows 7 sync issues

Alright just got the 160GB iPod classic, went to sync my music library (82GB of Music) im on windows 7, iTunes 10

Heres what happened, synced about 6000 songs, i came back and my laptop had shut off, i guess my cat did something or idk but it was off.

Turned it back on, plugged iPod back in and noticed there was 28GB of "other" filled up however no songs, videos or anything appear on iPod, started sync again thinking the "other" was partial information from songs but werent all there cause the sync hadnt finished. Nope.

started sync again and the "music" portion of the bar says 82GB, and the 28GB "other" is still there, this is not good as i will most likely need that space in the future for more music, tried to restore but it wouldnt get rid of the "other"

Help?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:35 AM

Freshman Lounger

Alright this is ####ing me off, computer shut off for some reason while i was staring at it. Was 99 percent done syncing, had one album left and when it shut off. so i though aight ill just have to sync the one. Wrong. only 244 songs are in the iPod.

what the #### is going on here
Old 02-09-2011, 01:53 PM

Junior Lounger

The 28GB of "Other" is your previously failed sync. When the computer shut off, the sync did notr get a chance to finish.

You need to figure out why your computer is shutting off...

Dan
Old 02-09-2011, 02:21 PM

Freshman Lounger

Ended up doing it on another computer, reset fine, synced most of my songs, except the ones with numbers in the artist name, such as 50 cent, 3 doors down, etc. ill make a thread for it

alright so all the songs synced except artists that start with a number, such as 3 doors down, 50 cent, etc.

i googled but couldnt fund anything, theres like 500 songs that havent synced and it would be nice to have them. i tried re-converting to mp3, didnt work, I don't know what to do, any help?

Last edited by honeybee1236; 02-09-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:14 AM

Freshman Lounger

I am having this exact same problem. I had 111 gb of "other" on my iPod and the hard drive just kept making noise. I have no idea what's going on. Now my iPod is in an infinite loop and will only go into hard drive mode - that's how F-ED up iTunes made it.

What ####es me off the most is that this happened a couple of weeks ago with my Black 120GB iPod classic so I took it to the Apple Store's Genius Bar and they told me it was the hard drive and told me I could recycle my old iPod because the hard drive was busted. I bought home a Silver 160GB iPod classic and THE SAME DAMN THING IS HAPPENING!!!

I have been trying to trouble shoot for two weeks and I'm losing my patience. I also can't believe I recycled a PERFECTLY good iPod @ Apple for only $25!! (10% of the purchase of the new one they made me buy).
Old 03-01-2011, 12:15 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveepointoh View Post
Ended up doing it on another computer, reset fine, synced most of my songs, except the ones with numbers in the artist name, such as 50 cent, 3 doors down, etc. ill make a thread for it

alright so all the songs synced except artists that start with a number, such as 3 doors down, 50 cent, etc.

i googled but couldnt fund anything, theres like 500 songs that havent synced and it would be nice to have them. i tried re-converting to mp3, didnt work, I don't know what to do, any help?
I have not tried the number thing. My library is 111GB and I cannot imagine trying to find all the songs with numbers in it... I honestly have no idea what's wrong. I also ran a virus scan on my iTunes folder and there are no viruses.

Topic: iPod Classic 160GB, windows 7 sync issues

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.