Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod sync to new computer

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-01-2011, 02:59 PM

Freshman Lounger

iPod sync to new computer

I have an iPod but the computer it was sync'd to crashed and burned. I now have a new computer. If I plug the iPod into the new computer will all my iPod songs sync up to the new computer? I want to be sure I don't lose the songs on my iPod.

--Steve

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:45 PM

Veteran Lounger

If I plug the iPod into the new computer will all my iPod songs sync up to the new computer?

No, they won't. iTunes will sync your iPod to the current iTunes library. (Which is empty, which is what your iPod will be.) Instead, read this excellent iLounge tutorial on copying content from iPod to computer for the how-to. (And if at all possible, invest $50 or so in an external USB hard drive so that you can make a backup of your important files, and not have to go through this again ;-)
Old 06-24-2011, 09:11 PM

Freshman Lounger

Recuva (For deleted files)

I just wanted to add that I use the free version of Recuva on the IPOD classic and it was able to recover deleted music from the IPOD to my harddrive, and then I'm able to add to my ITUNES library. I bought this IPOD at a pawnshop, so about half of the songs I don't like, but Recuva lets you pick which ones to recover.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:47 PM

Freshman Lounger

It is sad to me that this thread started with a legitimate request (after a computer crashed), and ended with a user that openly admits to pirating music from a pawnshop bought Ipod.

Topic: iPod sync to new computer

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.