How to remove Genius playlist??

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

anubis51

Hello all,

I am running v10 on my iPod 160GB Classic, and would like to know how to remove the Genius playlist (which I do not use) from my iPod screen.

Genius is disabled in iTunes, but still comes up as the first listing in my playlists on the iPod....

frodoboom

I have an 80gb 6th gen so I'm not sure I've ever had this problem, but try this: Make sure there's nothing in the playlist section of iTunes saying genius, turn genius off (you said you did already), then restore the iPod. Extreme but a good step.

anubis51

Well that didn't work.

Does anyone else have any ideas how to remove this annoying thing?

Thanks to all....

reneipod

You are not going to get rid of it completely as it is part of the software on your ipod as it was put there to give you the ability to have genius playlists without the use of itunes (per se). Go into your menu settings and uncheck genius under your menu and music settings and this should keep it from showing up on those menus.

anubis51

Thanks reneipod,

That is what I thought - I'm stuck with it.

Genius is already unchecked on all iTunes and iPod menu settings.

:(

Sparkee

Have you even given it a try?

As long as your music is properly tagged it works quite well gathering closely related songs. It works much better than shuffle ever did on any iPod. Since you are stuck with it you might as well enable it. Next time you hear one of your favorite songs hit the Genius button to see what it comes up with.

Code Monkey

Have you even given it a try?

As long as your music is properly tagged it works quite well gathering closely related songs. It works much better than shuffle ever did on any iPod
That's debatable.

We're going on the third year of the "feature". That means, at the minimum, I've synced all the songs in my library well over a hundred times, yet there are still plenty of tracks I can find that yield no results from Genius on my computer's iTunes. Now, call me nuts, but that makes no sense - even if I'm the only person in the entire world with that particular music with iTunes and Genius turned on, which is doubtful given that last.fm lists the most obscure track I could find that fails under Genius with over 200 listeners, it still ought to be able to make some sort of list out of it by now.

Never mind the very shallow nature of the lists and their repetitiveness, or the fact that somehow syncing 1500+ songs to my touch will more often than not give me the "not enough songs" error when I know damn well I could go through my music and probably make a 100 song related list instead of the 25 the iPod based Genius is limited to. The only time Genius never seems to fail is if I accidentally hit the "atomic" symbol and then it screws up shuffling in my already smartlist filtered playlist.

If you absolutely won't use smartlists, ratings, groupings, etc., to do the work yourself, yes, it's better than just a blind shuffle of your entire music collection. But it's still pretty disappointing. Given the huge data pool Apple is working from, their connections with the music business, etc., it not only could be so much more, it should be so much more.

anubis51

Thanks to you Veteran Loungers.

Playlists is one of the best and most powerful features of iTunes. I am already happy with my self-made playlists, both Smart (with live updating) and normal, where one can add anything under any grouping or genre one fancies.

I have about 200 playlists to cover everything from Artists (all in chronological album order) to Quicktrax - everything under two minutes length. Also are Top 100 tracks played, Top 100 albums, all based on play count, and lists of tracks from the various decades -1950s, 1960s, 1970s etc.

I love miPod, and will stick with the old Classic, even if a new one isn't in the pipeline.

I don't need Genius, but I wish I could move it to the bottom of the iPod screen list. One cannot even re-name it as "z-Genius" so that it would appear at the bottom.....

Oh well. :)

reneipod

Thanks reneipod,

That is what I thought - I'm stuck with it.

Genius is already unchecked on all iTunes and iPod menu settings.

:(
This is strange. I have gone into my settings on my ipod and unchecked genius in both the main menu and music menu and it does not show up in either one when I select those. Genius only shows up under the settings part to enable me to re-check it if I want to use it again.

ThisisCraigP

down for whatever
The Genius playlist is a part of the OS that your iPod uses. Getting rid of that would be like getting rid of Videos.