Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Isi it worth it?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-06-2009, 04:18 PM

Freshman Lounger

Isi it worth it?

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I joined because of a problem I have with my 8gb ipod nano 3rd gen.
So here's the deal. Recently, my ipod had been stuck on the hold symbol, and it wouldn't connect to my computer. I couldn't turn it off, and nothing seemed to work. So after cruising around the internet, I determined the best thing to do would be to open the back, and manually toggle the hold switch off. So, during my attempt to open the case, I damaged the lcd screen (now it has that stupid black crack that everyone is probably familiar with).
So after I successfully opened the case, I kind of pushed the Ipod screen, and all of a sudden the light went off. I put the ipod into my computer and iTunes read it. But then, it started saying to restore the ipod and after clicking restore, it would repeat the process before eventually saying the ipod was corrupted and to install the latest upgrades (which are already installed).
So here's my present situation: My lcd screen is cracked so i can't see anything, iTunes is having trouble restoring my ipod, and I'm not 100% sure if the hold symbol dilemma is fixed (which is what started this). So here's my question, should I replace the lcd screen and reconnect everything to see what the problem is, or is it just a lost hope? Thanks in advance.
Here are some pics:

Last edited by Godsend; 12-06-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:41 AM

Freshman Lounger

i wouldnt fix it unless you have the tools to do it yourself.
the screen doesnt seem to be too expensive on ebay: (http://cgi.ebay.com/iPod-Nano-3rd-Ge...ht_1754wt_1074) however if you have more than one issue then i personally wouldnt bother with it anymore because im not sure but i think opening it voids the warranty and sending it in without one can be very expensive.

i would look into the new nano, it can shoot video and is starting at only about 150 for an 8gb. (http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...co=MTAyNTQzMjM)

good luck
Old 12-09-2009, 12:10 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks mmacrae48. I didn't know about the new nano. How long had it been out? I'll probably just go ahead and ditch this one and get the new one. Thanks a lot for your input and the link.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:56 AM

Freshman Lounger

welcome! i think its pretty new. maybe a few months tops?
glad to help

Topic: Isi it worth it?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.