someone please help! - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: someone please help!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-02-2009, 06:01 AM

Freshman Lounger

someone please help!

my new ipod is having problems with the battery (i assume its the battery, coz ive charged it for more than 6 hours before 1st use and it has gone down to half battery life after half an hour of trying to play songs) and i say "trying" coz it wont play a full song. it will start the song, then 20secs or so into it, it wil freeze and then totally restart the ipod all together... why the hell is this?? is there any way i can fix it without having to take it somewhere and pay for repairs? it plays all songs on ipod fine on itunes, but not on ipod itself. please please, anyone, any advice is welcome!
many thanks
cally
Old 10-02-2009, 10:59 AM

Freshman Lounger

anyone!

can anyone help? i notice a few people have read it, but no1 has responded to my post... im desperate!!
Old 10-02-2009, 11:09 AM

Veteran Lounger

I don't want to sound too much like a jerk, but your question and 99% of all "Help! I've got a problem!!!" posts are answered by the same thing that we've been writing again and again and again and again, and also happens to be the first thing Apple's pages take you through.

1. Reset your iPod.

if that doesn't fix your problem...

2. Restore your iPod.

if that doesn't fix your problem...

3. Return or repair your iPod.

There's no magic answer here beyond these three steps for anything not related to the media you put on the iPod itself, which I presume is not the case here.

You try the first two steps and, if the problem persists, you either return it if you're within the window, or you contact Apple (or an Apple store if that's an option) and you get it swapped out for a replacement (assuming it's under warranty, you call it a new iPod so I assume that's the case but you didn't tell us anything concrete on this matter, otherwise, you get it repaired or you eBay it for spare parts). Full stop.

Topic: someone please help!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.