Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod dies after disconnected from PC

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-27-2009, 02:12 AM

Freshman Lounger

iPod dies after disconnected from PC

I've been looking everywhere for a solution to my problem, and I hope someone here can solve it!

My iPod nano 8GB stopped working properly a few months back. What it does is when I plug it into the PC it blinks the apple icon, and my PC and iTunes recognize it only sometimes. I've already tried restoring it to it's original settings, updating iTunes, and setting it to disk mode then restoring the settings. The few times I get it to 'work' (show things in colour and say it's charging), I click the eject button and detach it when it's safe to, BUT it dies instantly.

Any tips? Could it be a battery problem? If so, would it make more sense to get a new iPod because I'm no longer under warranty?

thanks.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:57 PM

Reclined Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan14 View Post
I've been looking everywhere for a solution to my problem, and I hope someone here can solve it!

My iPod nano 8GB stopped working properly a few months back. What it does is when I plug it into the PC it blinks the apple icon, and my PC and iTunes recognize it only sometimes. I've already tried restoring it to it's original settings, updating iTunes, and setting it to disk mode then restoring the settings. The few times I get it to 'work' (show things in colour and say it's charging), I click the eject button and detach it when it's safe to, BUT it dies instantly.

Any tips? Could it be a battery problem? If so, would it make more sense to get a new iPod because I'm no longer under warranty?

thanks.
Likely as not it is a battery issue. I just went through this with my photo iPod, and once I put the new battery in, all has been well. Not sure how hard it is to replace the nano's battery, but it was relatively easy on the photo. Good luck.

20GB Photo iPod, Airtunes, Windows 7 Ultimate
Old 10-08-2009, 12:40 PM

Junior Lounger

How old is your iPod? If you have doubts about the battery, its better to change it to try....

Topic: iPod dies after disconnected from PC

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.