Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: 30Gb Video 5th Gen Very low battery Sad face

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-22-2009, 03:56 AM

Freshman Lounger

30Gb Video 5th Gen Very low battery Sad face

Can anyone help. I have a 5th Gen 30Gb ipod that decided to play up after being switched off for a couple of days. On switch on I get the apple logo then it displays the battery icon with a message "Please wait very low battery" then after a few seconds screen will light up displaying Sad face with exclamation mark on it. I leave it plugged into external supply and it continually scrolls through message and sad face. I have tried to reset without any joy. I ran ipod diagnostics and that was OK so I then entered DISC mode, connected to itunes and carried out a reset back to factory settings. This removed ipod name and disc contents but did not reboot. Still has same symptoms. I again entered DISC mode looked at disc properties through PC and it shows disc properties OK. Ran disc check no problems found. Reconnected to itunes and tried repeating reset but same symptoms remain. In DISC check mode it shows fully charged battery icon. ANY suggestions PLEASE.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-10-2009, 03:23 AM

Freshman Lounger

Post Cure for fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by cctvman1 View Post
Can anyone help. I have a 5th Gen 30Gb ipod that decided to play up after being switched off for a couple of days. On switch on I get the apple logo then it displays the battery icon with a message "Please wait very low battery" then after a few seconds screen will light up displaying Sad face with exclamation mark on it. I leave it plugged into external supply and it continually scrolls through message and sad face. I have tried to reset without any joy. I ran ipod diagnostics and that was OK so I then entered DISC mode, connected to itunes and carried out a reset back to factory settings. This removed ipod name and disc contents but did not reboot. Still has same symptoms. I again entered DISC mode looked at disc properties through PC and it shows disc properties OK. Ran disc check no problems found. Reconnected to itunes and tried repeating reset but same symptoms remain. In DISC check mode it shows fully charged battery icon. ANY suggestions PLEASE.
Have cured fault. Ordered new battery and fitted still the same. So I then decided to replace hard drive even though it showed no faults in disk check etc. I was now in curiosity mode. I bought an exact replacement disk, fitted it and then connected to itunes. It then went through restore mode, sync opperation OK. All my tunes and films are now on a working ipod.

Topic: 30Gb Video 5th Gen Very low battery Sad face

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.