Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: 5th generation IPOD not recognized by computer

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-14-2009, 11:06 PM

Freshman Lounger

Question 5th generation IPOD not recognized by computer

Hello Everyone and thank you for reading my post.

I have a weird problem, my 30 gig 5th generation Ipod is not recognized by my computer or itunes. This is the last thing it happen, I was working on a client house for days, so my ipod's battery was completely dead, I was kind of desperate, so I thought that I could plug it to my client's mac just to recharge, but nothing happened. So days later I got back home and my windows PC will not recognized or charge the ipod at all. I got it charge and works perfect with my Ihome radio. I tried rebooting the Ipod, I tried resetting it to be in disk mode with not a problem, I tried changing the USB port, I did connected my friends Ipod and connected right away, so the wire connector is OK, I tried a different wire connector just in case, I tried connecting the ipod to a different PC.... I kind of running of ideas here. The ipod works great but I would live to download some new tunes to it... Any ideas. I cannot restore or upgrade firmware because ipod is not recognized by the computer....

The thing I am trying right now is installing the latest Itunes and see what happens. I have windows Pro SP3 recently updated. Your help would be greatly appreciated,

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:23 PM

Freshman Lounger

5th gen ipod not recognized by computer or itunes

Strangely enough I am having almost the exact same problem. I have a 5th gen video ipod that is no longer recognized by itunes or my computer. I am able to turn it on and it can be used with a car tuner. I have tried the USB cable and it is not broken. I am able to put the ipod in disk mode but it still is not recognized by the computer. I am also able to charge it with a USB wall charger but not using my computer (of course). I have tried the 5 Rs of ipod help, uninstalling/reinstalling itunes, start/stop of itunes service, disable/enable USB root hubs, changed power settings of root hubs so the device is not turned off to save power - none of these things have fixed my problem. If anyone comes up with a solution, huzzah.

Topic: 5th generation IPOD not recognized by computer

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.