Problems with Blue & Me - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Problems with Blue & Me

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-02-2009, 12:48 PM

Freshman Lounger

Problems with Blue & Me

I have recently bought an Alafa 159 that comes with a system called Blue & Me which allows me to connect my ipod classic to a USB port in the glove box. Note: the car radio as no 'aux in' nor does the radio head unit have an 'aux in' port (I have taken it out and checked the back).

The problem is the Blue&Me when connected to the ipod allows control of the ipod via the car steering wheel controls which is not great as i have lots of songs/vidoes/podcasts on my ipod. The ipod when connected to the car displays the 'do not disconnect' message so i can't use ipod controls at all.

I have tried to disregard the Blue & Me and use an FM transmitter instead but it is poor.

Is there another lead i could use to connect the the ipod to the usb port of the car that would allow the music to be played through the car stereo but still allow me to control the ipod through the ipod controls. If not is there a way of making such a cable?

If anyone has any other options I would be greatful

Thanks
Old 04-02-2009, 03:51 PM

Insanely Sarcastic

First off there is a subforum here specifically dealing with car audios.

But if I were u I'd concentrate my effort to find out how this Blue&Me specifically works.

If u can't get this Blue&Me to work the way u want to, 2nd option is to find out whether your radio takes another interface more to ur liking.

Third and last option would be to replace the radio completely. U don't need anything fancy, just ANY with an aux in port will do.

Topic: Problems with Blue & Me

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.