Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: I pulled the plug while it said "Do Not Disconnect"

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-05-2009, 02:15 AM

Freshman Lounger

I pulled the plug while it said "Do Not Disconnect"

Hey everyone. I have the iPod with the click wheel and for some reason my iTunes froze while it was syncing. I ended the process (ctrl+alt+dlt/processes/itunes, i have a pc). Itunes closes but my ipod still says do not disconnect. I pulled it out anyway because I thought it wouldn't affect it. Stupid me, it does affect it and everytime I turn it on it has a picture of the ipod with an "!" and under it shows the link to ipod support

Solutions I've tried:
- Reset function (middle button+menu button)
- Plugging it into computer (still shows the picture of the ipod and the link)

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:27 AM

Veteran Lounger

Does the computer recognize that an iPod has been plugged in? If so, have you tried restoring the iPod through iTunes?

Old 02-05-2009, 04:42 PM

Freshman Lounger

I plugged it in and it showed that it was charging, but the bar doesn't move.

When I opened iTunes, the apple picture on the ipod showed and then it went back to the picture of the ipod with the exclamation point with the support link under.

And to answer your question, nope iTunes does not recognize the ipod, nor does "My Computer."
Old 02-06-2009, 12:32 AM

Freshman Lounger

help, anyone
Old 02-06-2009, 12:48 AM

Veteran Lounger

This isn't as difficult as you are making it out to be. iTunes froze because your hard drive in the iPod failed while you were syncing it. The unplugging while it says "do not disconnect" is very much harmless and the worse thing that will ever happen from that is you might lose some recent play metadata. Your iPod was dead before you disconnected, you just seem to be having problems accepting the obvious.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:21 PM

Junior Lounger

could be that it was loading something and when you ended process it went bad o_0 tho it could have been broken b4 even.

CRAZY I"stuff" Collector
Old 02-07-2009, 10:05 PM

Freshman Lounger

no need to be a smart mouth code monkey saying i have problems accepting the obvious. it worked the next morning after i let it rest overnight if that helps anything. but it froze a few hours later (it has been for the past week or so before this instance)

it could be that my itunes froze because i have a really slow laptop that claims to be 2.8ghz (about 5 years old). my ipod was working moments before my itunes froze.

erkkimies, you're probably right. i think my laptop was hyperventilating at that moment it was syncing, which causes it to slow down. i probably just had to wait a little longer for it to sync. thanks for your help/input. im guessing my ipod is now officially dead.

Topic: I pulled the plug while it said "Do Not Disconnect"

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.