Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Replaced Battery on Ipod video 80g now won't show up on itunes?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-26-2009, 12:23 PM

Freshman Lounger

Replaced Battery on Ipod video 80g now won't show up on itunes?

I just replaced the battery on my 80g ipod video and now when i plug it into mine or a friends computer it won't show up on itunes it just freezes itunes. I have restarted my computer and gotten the latest itunes and still nothing. Any advice?
thanks,
Jake

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:08 PM

Veteran Lounger

Did you charge the new battery?
Does the iPod work when it is not connected to a computer?

If you don't have a regular, good backup routine for your music and media you will eventually lose it all.
Hint: Using your iPod as your backup strategy is not a good plan.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:02 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobZ
Did you charge the new battery?
Does the iPod work when it is not connected to a computer?
Yes I charged it and when its not connected to the computer the only thing that comes up is a white screen saying that I need to connect my Ipod to my itunes and restore it.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:14 PM

Try resetting your iPod first. You can do this by pressing and holding both the menu and center buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo. Then try restoring your iPod. You will need to restore your iPod in order for it to work.

You can also try using a 3rd party application such as WinAmp to restore your iPod. Just know that these 3rd party applications will probably only work if you have a 5.5G iPod and below, not an iPod classic. The 5.5G iPod has the plastic front and comes in either black or white. The iPod classic has an anodized aluminum front and comes in either black or silver. I am guessing that you have a 5.5G iPod since the iPod classic was released back in 2007 and I doubt you are having battery issues after just a little over a year.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 02-02-2009, 02:12 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornchild2002
Try resetting your iPod first. You can do this by pressing and holding both the menu and center buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo. Then try restoring your iPod. You will need to restore your iPod in order for it to work.

You can also try using a 3rd party application such as WinAmp to restore your iPod. Just know that these 3rd party applications will probably only work if you have a 5.5G iPod and below, not an iPod classic. The 5.5G iPod has the plastic front and comes in either black or white. The iPod classic has an anodized aluminum front and comes in either black or silver. I am guessing that you have a 5.5G iPod since the iPod classic was released back in 2007 and I doubt you are having battery issues after just a little over a year.
I think I have the 5.5 i guess, I know its not the anodized front its black and i think its the first gen video. All try another app any other tips?
thanks,
Jake Koeller
Old 02-02-2009, 02:25 PM

Freshman Lounger

Well I tried winAmp and couldn't get it to come up on their either all it does is freez win Amp so wtf can i do this is makin me angry
Old 02-04-2009, 03:08 AM

Freshman Lounger

This happend to me. i replaced with new battery and it wouldnt connect up. had to take it back and get it replaced :/
Old 02-04-2009, 09:47 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilagen
This happend to me. i replaced with new battery and it wouldnt connect up. had to take it back and get it replaced :/
Wait so you had to replace the whole Ipod? or just an new battery or hard drive?
Old 02-04-2009, 10:24 AM

Veteran Lounger

I can't tell from your prior posts...did you try resetting it (hold the menu and select buttons together until the Apple logo appears)?

If you don't have a regular, good backup routine for your music and media you will eventually lose it all.
Hint: Using your iPod as your backup strategy is not a good plan.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:20 PM

I think the OP tried resetting their iPod as I previously suggested that, along with trying to restore their iPod, and they said that they couldn't get it to work.

There is one more thing that can be done: try restoring the iPod using a different computer. There is really nothing else that can be done. Your iPod is busted and cannot be fixed if you have tried resetting it, restoring it on your computer, and restoring it on a different computer. You can return the battery you purchased and get a different one.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 02-04-2009, 03:43 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornchild2002
I think the OP tried resetting their iPod as I previously suggested that, along with trying to restore their iPod, and they said that they couldn't get it to work.

There is one more thing that can be done: try restoring the iPod using a different computer. There is really nothing else that can be done. Your iPod is busted and cannot be fixed if you have tried resetting it, restoring it on your computer, and restoring it on a different computer. You can return the battery you purchased and get a different one.
So do you think that it is the battery causing the problem? I have tried the following things on my Ipod: Reseting it, puting it in disk mode and trying to connect it, tryed on multiple computers besides mine, tried to get it to show up in another program besides itunes.
Is the ipod done or should I order another battery or can it still be fixed?
Old 02-04-2009, 04:25 PM

Well, let's look at things. Your iPod was presumably running fine before the battery replacement (aside from not lasting long) and it is not operating correctly now. One would think that the battery is causing the problems here. You can exchange your current battery for a new one and see if that fixes the issue. Your iPod is done if a new battery produces the exact same results. It might be a logic board problem or something along those lines but I don't know if you want to order new parts and try replacing things one at a time.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:16 AM

Freshman Lounger

Everything went perfect until I closed it bak up and started it said connect it to itunes to restore it. Then it never showed up anywhere

Topic: Replaced Battery on Ipod video 80g now won't show up on itunes?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.