Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Ipod in Disk mode...how to return to normal ?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-08-2008, 03:34 PM

Freshman Lounger

Ipod in Disk mode...how to return to normal ?

Hi all,
Can anyone help me please ? I have my ipod in disk mode and want to return it to normal mode. Can't find out how to do it.

Also, i put it in disk mode because my itunes on my pc would no recognise it and told me that it could be corrupted. It suggsted i restore it which i did. Now the itunes wont recognise it so i can't sync it !! SO the ipod is empty now !! Nightmare.
I tried to update itunes to the latest but my pc says it need SP2 to support it ?

I read somewhere that putting the ipod into disk mode could help ??

The screen currently just says "ok to disconnect ". It is basically frozen on that.

Can anyone help me.....please

Thank you

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:23 AM

Freshman Lounger

Hold Menu and the center button for around 6 seconds. If it doesn't work I don't know what to tell you. I have a 3rd Gen nano that loops disk mode constantly.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:57 PM

Pro Lounger

if your ipod shows up in itunes click on it from the left hand side device list, should pop up a new window (your ipod) the tick box to un-check disk mode is in there.

if you have XP then you should be on at least service pack 2 which is in itself quite old now & is a collection of updates for security & what not on your PC & is quite important, so if it's telling you you want service pack 2, you want service pack 2!!! after that, uninstall itunes, download it again off apple web site, add your music to it (which is on your PC), sync it again.

putting your ipod in disk mode? that's just telling your PC that you'd like to browse it's hard disk in windows explorer. like, if you have tons of space left on it, you can drag other files onto it for storage. if you put your .txt files in the notes folder, you can read them on the ipod. same with contacts.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:14 PM

Power Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by misper666
if your ipod shows up in itunes click on it from the left hand side device list, should pop up a new window (your ipod) the tick box to un-check disk mode is in there.

if you have XP then you should be on at least service pack 2 which is in itself quite old now & is a collection of updates for security & what not on your PC & is quite important, so if it's telling you you want service pack 2, you want service pack 2!!! after that, uninstall itunes, download it again off apple web site, add your music to it (which is on your PC), sync it again.

putting your ipod in disk mode? that's just telling your PC that you'd like to browse it's hard disk in windows explorer. like, if you have tons of space left on it, you can drag other files onto it for storage. if you put your .txt files in the notes folder, you can read them on the ipod. same with contacts.
You're talking about enabling disk use here.

That isn't the same as disk mode.

Topic: Ipod in Disk mode...how to return to normal ?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.