Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: All my songs are on my ipod, but don't show up in the playlist.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 08-27-2008, 11:46 PM

Freshman Lounger

Red face All my songs are on my ipod, but don't show up in the playlist.

I'm sure I could find the answer somewhere, but I have looked all over the net and searched the forum and could not find anything that would help me!!!

So here it is, I noticed this problem before when I only had a couple hundred songs on my 80 gig classic, but didn't really care. How ever now that I have almost 2000 songs on my ipod it's kind of annoying. Even though I may have say 60 songs of a certain artist and have all those songs in one playlist in my itunes, only the most recently added ones show up in that playlist on my ipod.

Now I believe I know why this, it's because for one I manually sync my music so an accident doesn't happen which means I have to replace a playlist on my ipod when I add new songs to it so that the songs are in that playlist on my ipod. But the reason I believe only those new songs show up in the playlist on my ipod is because the other songs have been deleted off my itunes. The reason they have been deleted is because I use a laptop and all this music takes up quite a bit off space so i back up my itunes quite reguarly.

So now that I have explained it, can anyone tell me how I can get the songs on my ipod to show up in the playlist they should be in without having to restore all my music. Also if I do have to restore my music is there a way I can prevent this from happening again, while still syncing manually or how can i auto-sync without losing all the songs on my ipod.

If the only way I can prevent this in the future is auto-syncing then I'll just live with, because my laptop runs too slow with all my songs on it.

Sorry for being so long winded, but I read that you wanted us to be very descriptive of our problem and I wanted to make sure you knew exactly what my problem was.

Thank You in advacne.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Topic: All my songs are on my ipod, but don't show up in the playlist.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.