iTunes Does not Display anymore, perculiar issues - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iTunes Does not Display anymore, perculiar issues

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-25-2004, 03:26 PM

Freshman Lounger

iTunes Does not Display anymore, perculiar issues

Evening all.

SPECS:
Windows XP Home
40GB iPod, owned and used since December

About a month ago, my MusicMatch Jukebox software stopped recognising that my iPod was connected to my computer and subsequently I couldn't put any MP3s onto it. It was a totally random thing to happen, as it had been working fine the last times. But, I ploughed on and I downloaded the wonderful iTunes. It worked like a charm, and was everything I hoped for.

Then, last night, I connected my iPod as usual and tried to load up iTunes. (It may be worth noting that I was also waiting for AOL to load at the same time). Nothing happened. I opened up the task manager, and noticed that the iTunes.exe was running as normal, as was iPodService.exe. When I tried to close the iTunes process, nothing happened. I tried closing process tree - nothing happened. I attempted to disconnect the iPod through the usual "safely remove hardware" menu, and after selecting the option to open the menu, nothing happened. Fearing this was a memory usage issue, I went to close the AOL exe, and this would not close either. Needless to say, on a shutdown attempt, the computer was just hanging frozen. In desperation, I attempted to hard reboot (I disconnected the iPod by just pulling the Firewire out - no damage done). I turned off my box by the power switch, and it booted fine. No problems.

I tried, again, to open iTunes (without iPod connected), and the same problem occoured. Process running, nothing happening. I had to hard-reboot again (it couldn't shut down because iTunes couldn't be "stopped right now"), and when I was back into Windows, I reinstalled iTunes.

The uninstall/reinstall process went fine. Then, after restarting the computer (usual procedure after iTunes installs), I am back into the same problem as before.

I checked my connected devices in My Computer, and the iPod was there and working fine. This is not a connectivity or driver issue, I assume. MusicMatch Jukebox still fails to see the iPod is connected, and I don't have time on 56k to maybe download the 10MB Plug-In again from the website if it's still not going to work. As it stands, I have a broken iTunes that won't work even after reinstall, I have no way of putting music on my iPod, and the worse thing is: I can't see any reason why this would have happened.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, somebody save me

ALSO: Does one *have* to uninstall MMJB to use ephpod?

Topic: iTunes Does not Display anymore, perculiar issues

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.