Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Sync Problems with Ipod to new PC

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-21-2008, 04:04 AM

Freshman Lounger

Sync Problems with Ipod to new PC

Probably an easy one but here goes....

I just bought a new pc and also ipod to pc software so i can transfer my ipod music to my new pc. All my music from my ipod to my new pc has transfered successfully using the ipod to pc software.
However i went to sync my ipod on my new pc yesterday and itunes said i cant sync on this pc as it cant sync from 2 pcs.
I no longer use my old pc so how can i go about making my new pc the sole sync for itunes?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:56 AM

JMG
asdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattshephard
Probably an easy one but here goes....

I just bought a new pc and also ipod to pc software so i can transfer my ipod music to my new pc. All my music from my ipod to my new pc has transfered successfully using the ipod to pc software.
However i went to sync my ipod on my new pc yesterday and itunes said i cant sync on this pc as it cant sync from 2 pcs.
I no longer use my old pc so how can i go about making my new pc the sole sync for itunes?

Two things might have happened:
1) You didn't re-associate the ipod to this new PC. I don't have my ipod on me, but when you plug it in, there is usually a window that pops up asking if you want to reformat the ipod and sync with your current computer. If not it has to be in the ipod options somewhere.

2) You have purchased music from the itunes store on your old computer. Those files are protected and can only play and sync from the computer you bought it on unless you add authorized computer to your itunes store account. You may also delete your old computer if you wish. Again, i don't have it right in front of me, but I did it for my laptop. Just go to the store it shouldn't be hard to find.

iPhone 4S 64gb , iPad 3 64gb
iPod: 8gb iTouch, 160gb Classic, 8gb Nano (product)Red, 4gb Shuffle 3G
See my iPod install in my Audi S4

Topic: Sync Problems with Ipod to new PC

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.